Daylight Savings Time

Steve Zygote

      29th Oct 2007
I'm in Canada, on the wet coast. We've adopted the new daylight savings time
regime along with the US. But my computer (XP Home SP2) keeps resetting to
the old time. The computer keeps setting the clock an hour back for the
change over when the change over doesn't happen for a while. I accessed an
article in the KB at Microsoft.com but that wouldn't install. It said that I
had a newer version of the file. Can anyone help me?

--
Ever notice that nobody "rushes" in "Rush Hour?"

HEMI-Powered

      29th Oct 2007
Steve Zygote added these comments in the current discussion du
jour ...

> I'm in Canada, on the wet coast. We've adopted the new
> daylight savings time regime along with the US. But my
> computer (XP Home SP2) keeps resetting to the old time. The
> computer keeps setting the clock an hour back for the change
> over when the change over doesn't happen for a while. I
> accessed an article in the KB at Microsoft.com but that
> wouldn't install. It said that I had a newer version of the
> file. Can anyone help me?

update your version of Windows, it fixed the problem before DST
went into effect this spring. if you can't get the fix from MS,
Google is your best friend.

--
HP, aka Jerry

peter

      29th Oct 2007
Hey Steve..........slip of the tongue "wet coast" or not looking forward to
all the rain that winter brings to the BC coast??
peter
"Steve Zygote" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm in Canada, on the wet coast. We've adopted the new daylight savings
> time regime along with the US. But my computer (XP Home SP2) keeps
> resetting to the old time. The computer keeps setting the clock an hour
> back for the change over when the change over doesn't happen for a while.
> I accessed an article in the KB at Microsoft.com but that wouldn't
> install. It said that I had a newer version of the file. Can anyone help
> me?
>
> --
> Ever notice that nobody "rushes" in "Rush Hour?"

The Doctor

      29th Oct 2007
In article <#(E-Mail Removed)>,
Steve Zygote <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>I'm in Canada, on the wet coast. We've adopted the new daylight savings time
>regime along with the US. But my computer (XP Home SP2) keeps resetting to
>the old time. The computer keeps setting the clock an hour back for the
>change over when the change over doesn't happen for a while. I accessed an
>article in the KB at Microsoft.com but that wouldn't install. It said that I
>had a newer version of the file. Can anyone help me?
>
>--
>Ever notice that nobody "rushes" in "Rush Hour?"

Use your Windows Update feature.

It should contain the update you need.
--
Member - Liberal International
This is (E-Mail Removed) Ici (E-Mail Removed)

Mark L. Ferguson

      29th Oct 2007
If your BIOS setup has a 'use daylight' setting, I would try turning it off.

--
Mark L. Ferguson
e-mail subject line must include "QZ" or it's deleted
"Steve Zygote" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "The Doctor" <(E-Mail Removed)2k.ab.ca> wrote in message
> news:fg5326$ns3$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In article <#(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> Steve Zygote <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>I'm in Canada, on the wet coast. We've adopted the new daylight savings
>>>time
>>>regime along with the US. But my computer (XP Home SP2) keeps resetting
>>>the old time. The computer keeps setting the clock an hour back for the
>>>change over when the change over doesn't happen for a while. I accessed
>>>an
>>>article in the KB at Microsoft.com but that wouldn't install. It said
>>>that I
>>>had a newer version of the file. Can anyone help me?
>>>
>>>--
>>>Ever notice that nobody "rushes" in "Rush Hour?"
>>>

>> Use your Windows Update feature.
>>
>> It should contain the update you need.

> SNIP
>
> My Windows copy is set to autoupdate. You mean the autoupdate feature
> doesn't include the DST fix?

Steve Zygote

      29th Oct 2007
"HEMI-Powered" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Steve Zygote added these comments in the current discussion du
> jour ...
>
>> I'm in Canada, on the wet coast. We've adopted the new
>> daylight savings time regime along with the US. But my
>> computer (XP Home SP2) keeps resetting to the old time. The
>> computer keeps setting the clock an hour back for the change
>> over when the change over doesn't happen for a while. I
>> accessed an article in the KB at Microsoft.com but that
>> wouldn't install. It said that I had a newer version of the
>> file. Can anyone help me?
>>

> update your version of Windows, it fixed the problem before DST
> went into effect this spring. if you can't get the fix from MS,
> Google is your best friend.
>
> --
> HP, aka Jerry

Thanks for your reply. My Windows is fully updated. I don't understand,
sorry. And what do you mean about the fix from Google? I thought the fix had
to come from Microsoft?

Steve Zygote

      29th Oct 2007
No Peter. I call it the wet coast. <grin>
It has rained now for a week....

"peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> [...]

>> du jour ...
>>
>>> I'm in Canada, on the wet coast. We've adopted the new
>>> daylight savings time regime along with the US. But my
>>> computer (XP Home SP2) keeps resetting to the old time. The
>>> computer keeps setting the clock an hour back for the change
>>> over when the change over doesn't happen for a while. I
>>> accessed an article in the KB at Microsoft.com but that
>>> wouldn't install. It said that I had a newer version of the
>>> file. Can anyone help me?
>>>

>> update your version of Windows, it fixed the problem before
>> DST went into effect this spring. if you can't get the fix
>> from MS, Google is your best friend.
>>
>> --
>> HP, aka Jerry

> Thanks for your reply. My Windows is fully updated. I don't
> understand, sorry. And what do you mean about the fix from
> Google? I thought the fix had to come from Microsoft?

you said you couldn't find the DST fix on MS's web site, so I
told you to Google for it. you do know what that is, right?

--
HP, aka Jerry

The Doctor

      30th Oct 2007
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Steve Zygote <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>"The Doctor" <(E-Mail Removed)2k.ab.ca> wrote in message
>news:fg5326$ns3$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In article <#(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> Steve Zygote <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>I'm in Canada, on the wet coast. We've adopted the new daylight savings
>>>time
>>>regime along with the US. But my computer (XP Home SP2) keeps resetting to
>>>the old time. The computer keeps setting the clock an hour back for the
>>>change over when the change over doesn't happen for a while. I accessed an
>>>article in the KB at Microsoft.com but that wouldn't install. It said that
>>>had a newer version of the file. Can anyone help me?
>>>
>>>--
>>>Ever notice that nobody "rushes" in "Rush Hour?"
>>>

>> Use your Windows Update feature.
>>
>> It should contain the update you need.

>SNIP
>
>My Windows copy is set to autoupdate. You mean the autoupdate feature
>doesn't include the DST fix?

Maybe. Check what Widnows Update says.