datastore.edb

RH

      4th Oct 2004
Got a WinXP Pro workstation; member of a domain; not
using SUS. In C:\windows\software distribution\datastore
there is a 2.056 GB file called datastore.edb. What is
this for? can it be deleted. It is eating the hard
drive alive! TIA. Ron

Rock

      4th Oct 2004
RH wrote:

> Got a WinXP Pro workstation; member of a domain; not
> using SUS. In C:\windows\software distribution\datastore
> there is a 2.056 GB file called datastore.edb. What is
> this for? can it be deleted. It is eating the hard
> drive alive! TIA. Ron

Are you sure it's GB, and not KB? Mine is 2056 KB. I believe it holds
the list of installs from windows update.

RH

      5th Oct 2004
exactly right...2056KB=2.056 GB

RH

      5th Oct 2004
Duh.....it's 2.05 MB not gigs. my bad

Rock

      6th Oct 2004
RH wrote:

> exactly right...2056KB=2.056 GB

oops..lol

Ken Blake

      6th Oct 2004
In news:%(E-Mail Removed),
Rock <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:

> RH wrote:
>
>> exactly right...2056KB=2.056 GB
>>

> oops..lol

Well, not *exactly*. Actually 2056 KB = 2.0078125 MB or
0.00196075439453125 GB. ;-)

Please reply to the newsgroup

New Member

      28th Nov 2008
My Datastore.edb file is eating up 67,592 Kb (about 68 MB!) and is slowing down my machine. Also the 290 MB of Uninstall files in windows isnt helping either--and by the way, how many i386 folders (in Service PacksFiles) are you supposed to have? I have one with 471 MB! and one with just 2.84 MB (its in a subfolder called ServicePackFiles / Cache). What is normal? and what is the point of these files? Dose someone know? There are other bizarre files with tons of memory in them too. I ran a My Faster PC program to eliminate files and make my machine go faster, didnt get much change and those files are sitll there.