Database Login In Crystal

Atley

      4th Mar 2004
I have created a report in Crystal and it runs fine and comes up in the
viewer and everything is great in my little world, EXCEPT:

It always prompts me for a password to the database, even after I extended
my code to include:

Private Sub frmReportViewer_Load(ByVal Sender as System.Object, ByVal e as
System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

Dim MyReport as New rptFinishedGoods
MyReport.SetDatabaseLogin("tryingtofind","theanswer","CSISQL","CSI")
Me.CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = MyReport
End Sub

What in the world am I doing wrong?

Ken Onweller \(.NET MCSD\)

      4th Mar 2004
Try Brian Bischof's book, especially the chapter on Database Connectivity.

http://www.crystalreportsbook.com

"Atley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have created a report in Crystal and it runs fine and comes up in the
> viewer and everything is great in my little world, EXCEPT:
>
> It always prompts me for a password to the database, even after I extended
> my code to include:
>
> Private Sub frmReportViewer_Load(ByVal Sender as System.Object, ByVal e as
> System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
>
> Dim MyReport as New rptFinishedGoods
> MyReport.SetDatabaseLogin("tryingtofind","theanswer","CSISQL","CSI")
> Me.CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = MyReport
> End Sub
>

> What in the world am I doing wrong?

Atley

      5th Mar 2004
I did not find anything in that book that helped me with this issue, any
other suggestions?

"Ken Onweller (.NET MCSD)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Try Brian Bischof's book, especially the chapter on Database Connectivity.
>
> http://www.crystalreportsbook.com
>
> "Atley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have created a report in Crystal and it runs fine and comes up in the
> > viewer and everything is great in my little world, EXCEPT:
> >
> > It always prompts me for a password to the database, even after I

extended
> > my code to include:
> >
> > Private Sub frmReportViewer_Load(ByVal Sender as System.Object, ByVal e

as
> > System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
> >
> > Dim MyReport as New rptFinishedGoods
> > MyReport.SetDatabaseLogin("tryingtofind","theanswer","CSISQL","CSI")
> > Me.CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = MyReport
> > End Sub
> >

> > What in the world am I doing wrong?

scorpion53061

      7th Mar 2004
Yes.

Don't use crystal.
Use Word Automation.

"Atley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uXzy%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I did not find anything in that book that helped me with this issue, any
> other suggestions?
>

> "Ken Onweller (.NET MCSD)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Try Brian Bischof's book, especially the chapter on Database

Connectivity.

> > http://www.crystalreportsbook.com
> >
> > "Atley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I have created a report in Crystal and it runs fine and comes up in

the
> > > viewer and everything is great in my little world, EXCEPT:
> > >
> > > It always prompts me for a password to the database, even after I

> extended
> > > my code to include:
> > >
> > > Private Sub frmReportViewer_Load(ByVal Sender as System.Object, ByVal

> as
> > > System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
> > >
> > > Dim MyReport as New rptFinishedGoods

MyReport.SetDatabaseLogin("tryingtofind","theanswer","CSISQL","CSI")
> > > Me.CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = MyReport
> > > End Sub
> > >

> > > What in the world am I doing wrong?

Ayaz Ahmed

      25th Mar 2004
Hello,

try this

Dim path As CRchartofaccount
path = New CRchartofaccount()
CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = path
CrystalReportViewer1.RefreshReport()
CrystalReportViewer1.Show()

Thanks,

Warm Regards,