Database Login for Crystal reports

Murali via DotNetMonster.com

      24th Sep 2005
Hi All
I am new to .net, as i worked majorily on VB6.0 & Crystal reports,
I have developed an Window application in VB.net/SQL Server2000 and using
Crystal reports8.5, I have used the CRViewer in the form.
Now my problem is when i try to open Crystal report thro VB.net, it will
prompt for database login password, which i have already supplied in Crystal
report and also thro the application.(I am using DSN based connection)
Please help me to solve this problem....

Sample Code.
{
on Button click...
Dim rpt1 As New Form2 ' Here Form2 is the form with CrystalReportViewer,
ReportSource in Viewer is set to RPT file...
rpt1.Show()
}
Thanks in advance....
I apoligise if this is the wrong forum to post this question.

Regards,
Murali

--
Murali
VSM Software (P) Ltd.

Phil G.

      24th Sep 2005
Hi,

You state 'it will prompt for database login password, which i have already
supplied in Crystal report'. Have you supplied this info. in the wizard for
the db connection or have you hard-coded it? If you have hard-coded it can
you provide an example.

Rgds, Phil

"Murali via DotNetMonster.com" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All
> I am new to .net, as i worked majorily on VB6.0 & Crystal reports,
> I have developed an Window application in VB.net/SQL Server2000 and using
> Crystal reports8.5, I have used the CRViewer in the form.
> Now my problem is when i try to open Crystal report thro VB.net, it will
> prompt for database login password, which i have already supplied in
> Crystal
> report and also thro the application.(I am using DSN based connection)
> Please help me to solve this problem....
>
> Sample Code.
> {
> on Button click...
> Dim rpt1 As New Form2 ' Here Form2 is the form with
> CrystalReportViewer,
> ReportSource in Viewer is set to RPT file...
> rpt1.Show()
> }
> Thanks in advance....
> I apoligise if this is the wrong forum to post this question.
>
> Regards,
> Murali
>
> --
> Murali
> VSM Software (P) Ltd.
> Bangalore

Murali via DotNetMonster.com

      26th Sep 2005
HI Phil!
I had used DSN connection, during the design time i selected the required
views & fields...And through VB.net i open the Report ( I have used CRViewer
in a form and i open that form on click of a button from the main form.)

Please help....

Regards,
Murali

--
Murali
VSM Software (P) Ltd.

Phil G.

      26th Sep 2005
Hi Murali,

Unfortunately I made this 'mistake'! :-)

Although you will probably see that the pop-up login info box always
includes the login name, it still requires the password. This apparently is
the correct operation, although personally I don't see the need for
specifically coding the info. if it has already been entered through the
IDE.

However, what you need to do is use the TableLogonInfo Class of CR. Here's
an example:-

[Global Decs]

Dim objRepDoc As New ReportDocument
Dim crTable As Table
Dim crLogInfo As CrystalDecisions.Shared.TableLogOnInfo

[method call - maybe in load or cmdbutton]

crTable = objRepDoc.Database.Tables(0)
crLogInfo = crTable.LogOnInfo
With crLogInfo.ConnectionInfo
.UserID = "username"
.Password = "password"
End With
crTable.ApplyLogOnInfo(crLogInfo)
frmRep.CRViewer.ReportSource = objRepDoc
frmRep.Show()

Let me know if you have problems. Good luck. Phil

"Murali via DotNetMonster.com" <u14242@uwe> wrote in message
> HI Phil!
> I had used DSN connection, during the design time i selected the required
> views & fields...And through VB.net i open the Report ( I have used
> CRViewer
> in a form and i open that form on click of a button from the main form.)
>
> Please help....
>
> Regards,
> Murali
>
> Phil G. wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>You state 'it will prompt for database login password, which i have
>>already
>>supplied in Crystal report'. Have you supplied this info. in the wizard
>>for
>>the db connection or have you hard-coded it? If you have hard-coded it can
>>you provide an example.
>>
>>Rgds, Phil
>>
>>> Hi All
>>> I am new to .net, as i worked majorily on VB6.0 & Crystal reports,

>>[quoted text clipped - 19 lines]
>>> Regards,
>>> Murali

> --
> Murali
> VSM Software (P) Ltd.
> Bangalore,India

Murali via DotNetMonster.com

      27th Sep 2005
Hi Phil !
This code does not helped me.....
I got similar code from the website, It works in my system and does not in my
clients system...
Both have VS2003 and .net Framework1.1, Crystal report 8.5...
I found an alternative solution for this i have created a user with blank
password in the SQL Server and this login i am using for opening the crystal
reports..
Anyway please suggest an alternative option....

Regards,
Murali

--
Murali
VSM Software (P) Ltd.

Ayaz Ahmed

      27th Sep 2005
Hello,

Use This code

Dim crReportDocument
crReportDocument = New TestReport

crConnectionInfo.ServerName = databaseServer
crConnectionInfo.DatabaseName = databaseName
crConnectionInfo.UserID = databaseUser crConnectionInfo.Password =
UserPassword

crTables = crReportDocument.Database.Tables
Dim i As Integer
i = 1
For Each crTable In crTables
'crTable = crTables(i)
crTableLogOnInfo = crTable.LogOnInfo
crTableLogOnInfo.ConnectionInfo = crConnectionInfo
crTable.ApplyLogOnInfo(crTableLogOnInfo)
crTable.Location =
crTable.Location.Substring(crTable.Location.LastIndexOf(".") + 1)
Next
CRViewer.ReportSource = crReportDocument

Thanks,

Regards,

Ayaz Ahmed
Project Manager
Creative Chaos (Pvt.) Ltd.
"Managing Your Digital Risk"
http://www.csquareonline.com
Mobile +92 300 2280950
Office +92 21 455 2414
Email: (E-Mail Removed)
(E-Mail Removed)

Murali via DotNetMonster.com

      28th Sep 2005
Hi !
I am using the same code, but it still displays the database login screen..
I hav changed the report connetion to DSN to OLEDB type.
But i the problem still persists...
As i mentioned already, i found the temporary solution with blank password
login name...
Anyways plz let me know any other methods to avoid database login prompt..

Thanks & Regards,
Murali M

--
Murali
VSM Software (P) Ltd.

Ayaz Ahmed

      28th Sep 2005
Hello,

Please go crystal report viewer proporties and go to the behaviour
category "EnableDatabaseLoginPrompt" set to false

Thanks,

Regards,

Ayaz Ahmed
Project Manager
Creative Chaos (Pvt.) Ltd.
"Managing Your Digital Risk"
http://www.csquareonline.com
Mobile +92 300 2280950
Office +92 21 455 2414
Email: (E-Mail Removed)
(E-Mail Removed)

Murali via DotNetMonster.com

      28th Sep 2005
Hi Ayaz Ahmed!
Sorry i could'nt find that property in my VS.net 2003 for CrystalReport
Viewer.

Regards,
Murali

Ayaz Ahmed wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Please go crystal report viewer proporties and go to the behaviour
>category "EnableDatabaseLoginPrompt" set to false
>
>Thanks,
>
>Regards,
>
>Ayaz Ahmed
>Project Manager
>Creative Chaos (Pvt.) Ltd.
>"Managing Your Digital Risk"
>http://www.csquareonline.com
>Mobile +92 300 2280950
>Office +92 21 455 2414
>Email: (E-Mail Removed)
> (E-Mail Removed)

YAR-X

      28th Sep 2005
hi i have the same problem and i tryed to find the property in vs2003
and it is not there

help please