Data Validation

Pascale

      2nd Aug 2004
Basically there are three categories from which the user can selec
from.

Eg Issues Sub-issues Services-issues
- servicing - assessing - delay in assessing
- call centre - misquote
- information - website (no entry required)
- brochure

I would like the sub-issues and services-issues to depandant on th
issue first chosen, thus limiting the selection on the subissue an
servicing-issues drop down. Is this possible in Exce

JulieD

      2nd Aug 2004
Hi Pascale

check out Debra Dalgleish's site especially - Data Validation dependant
lists ..

Cheers
JulieD

"Pascale >" <<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Basically there are three categories from which the user can select
> from.
>
> Eg Issues Sub-issues Services-issues
> - servicing - assessing - delay in assessing
> - call centre - misquote
> - information - website (no entry required)
> - brochure
>

> I would like the sub-issues and services-issues to depandant on the
> issue first chosen, thus limiting the selection on the subissue and
> servicing-issues drop down. Is this possible in Excel
>

> ---

Andy Wiggins

      2nd Aug 2004
This file might be a help:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/...d_indirect.zip
It's in the "Worksheet (No VBA)" section on page:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm

Shows how using "Data > Validation" and "INDIRECT()" you can populate a cell
from two dependant lists

--
Regards
Andy Wiggins

"Pascale >" <<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Basically there are three categories from which the user can select
> from.
>
> Eg Issues Sub-issues Services-issues
> - servicing - assessing - delay in assessing
> - call centre - misquote
> - information - website (no entry required)
> - brochure
>

> I would like the sub-issues and services-issues to depandant on the
> issue first chosen, thus limiting the selection on the subissue and
> servicing-issues drop down. Is this possible in Excel
>

> ---

Pascale

      3rd Aug 2004
Thanks heaps for the feedback, I have been able to use the indirec
function as suggested. Thanks again:

kalpanaganeshm@gmail.com

      16th Jul 2012
Informatics Outsourcing is an Offshore Data Management service company. Data Management Service includes all types of Data Conversion, File Conversion, XML Conversion, HTML Conversion,SGML Conversion, Document Conversion,DataEntry, Data Extraction and Validation,OCR and ICR Services with affordableprice. Our team to give the solution quickly and given requirements.