Bill Mc

      22nd Jan 2010
In 2003 I could grab a data point on the chart and move it causing the value
in the data table to adjust to match the position on the chart.

Is this interactive capability gone in 2007?
--
Bill Mc.

David Biddulph

      22nd Jan 2010
Yes.
--
David Biddulph

"Bill Mc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In 2003 I could grab a data point on the chart and move it causing the
> value
> in the data table to adjust to match the position on the chart.
>
> Is this interactive capability gone in 2007?
> --
> Bill Mc.

Andy Pope

      22nd Jan 2010
Hi,

There is a replacement Addin.

http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/archive/...arts-mpoc.aspx

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Bill Mc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In 2003 I could grab a data point on the chart and move it causing the
> value
> in the data table to adjust to match the position on the chart.
>
> Is this interactive capability gone in 2007?
> --
> Bill Mc.

Bernard Liengme

      22nd Jan 2010
Yes it has gone the way of the dodo. Many of us asked for it back and kindly
Microsoft responded with a great add-on: Excel Add-In for Manipulating
Points on Charts (MPOC)
Do not let the mention of Excel 2010 out you off - in works in Excel 2007
as well as the article mentions.
Read this to see if ti is what you want
http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/archive/...arts-mpoc.aspx

Go here to get it (look at the bottom where you agree to the EULA)
http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/pages/EU...-On-Chart.aspx

best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme