customizing chart column color formats in code

papa jonah

      19th Mar 2005
I have some code that examines a set of data and generates a
x1columncluster chart. Depending on the set of data, I may have any
number of column clusters as a result. However, I currently format the
columns manually to make certain groupings a given color and another
group of columns a different color and so forth. I would like to
automate this.
Is there a way to go through each column like for x = 1 to
numberOfColumns
check group
If group = 1
set color accordingly
else set color differently
end if

Did that make sense?

TIA

Debra Dalgleish

      20th Mar 2005
Perhaps you could use Jon Peltier's technique for conditional charts:

http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Cha...html#CondChart

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

papa jonah

      21st Mar 2005
I am not seeing anything on the page that will automate the process
with code.