Custome UI Runtime Error in Microsoft Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection and Publishing

John Smith

      24th Dec 2010
Hi,

An Error message with the above title pops up with great gusto every time I
open an email. The body of the Error message reads, An error occurred while
calling the callback: "Ribbon_GetDCVisible"

I have no idea why, what it's about, or how to eliminate it. Can someone
help me out with this please?

Thank you, all assistance is appreciated

Buck

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      24th Dec 2010
This newsgroup is devoted to Microsoft Word; your subject line suggests a
problem with an Access add-in for Outlook. It would therefore probably be
more productive to post in an Access and/or an Outlook NG.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"John Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:if21nb$uuo$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> An Error message with the above title pops up with great gusto every time
> I open an email. The body of the Error message reads, An error occurred
> while calling the callback: "Ribbon_GetDCVisible"
>
> I have no idea why, what it's about, or how to eliminate it. Can someone
> help me out with this please?
>
> Thank you, all assistance is appreciated
>
> Buck

John Smith

      25th Dec 2010
Sorry about that Suzanne, you're completely correct.
I have this Ng and microsoft.public.outlook.general Ng in my list and I
inadvertently posted to the wrong Ng, my bad.

Cheers

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:if28nt$i9v$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> This newsgroup is devoted to Microsoft Word; your subject line suggests a
> problem with an Access add-in for Outlook. It would therefore probably be
> more productive to post in an Access and/or an Outlook NG.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> "John Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:if21nb$uuo$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>>
>> An Error message with the above title pops up with great gusto every
>> time I open an email. The body of the Error message reads, An error
>> occurred while calling the callback: "Ribbon_GetDCVisible"
>>
>> I have no idea why, what it's about, or how to eliminate it. Can someone
>> help me out with this please?
>>
>> Thank you, all assistance is appreciated
>>
>> Buck

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      25th Dec 2010
Not a problem; it's actually encouragement still to see any traffic here
after most of it has moved to Answers.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
http://word.mvps.org

"John Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:if3fmn$a1e$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sorry about that Suzanne, you're completely correct.
> I have this Ng and microsoft.public.outlook.general Ng in my list and I
> inadvertently posted to the wrong Ng, my bad.
>
> Cheers
>

> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:if28nt$i9v$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>> This newsgroup is devoted to Microsoft Word; your subject line suggests a
>> problem with an Access add-in for Outlook. It would therefore probably be
>> more productive to post in an Access and/or an Outlook NG.
>>
>> --
>> Suzanne S. Barnhill
>> Microsoft MVP (Word)
>> Words into Type
>> Fairhope, Alabama USA
>> http://word.mvps.org
>>
>> "John Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:if21nb$uuo$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> An Error message with the above title pops up with great gusto every
>>> time I open an email. The body of the Error message reads, An error
>>> occurred while calling the callback: "Ribbon_GetDCVisible"
>>>
>>> I have no idea why, what it's about, or how to eliminate it. Can someone
>>> help me out with this please?
>>>
>>> Thank you, all assistance is appreciated
>>>
>>> Buck

Stefan Blom

      25th Dec 2010
I agree. :-)

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message news:if3j5r$ad1$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...

Not a problem; it's actually encouragement still to see any traffic here
after most of it has moved to Answers.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
http://word.mvps.org

"John Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:if3fmn$a1e$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sorry about that Suzanne, you're completely correct.
> I have this Ng and microsoft.public.outlook.general Ng in my list and I
> inadvertently posted to the wrong Ng, my bad.
>
> Cheers
>

> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:if28nt$i9v$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>> This newsgroup is devoted to Microsoft Word; your subject line suggests a
>> problem with an Access add-in for Outlook. It would therefore probably be
>> more productive to post in an Access and/or an Outlook NG.
>>
>> --
>> Suzanne S. Barnhill
>> Microsoft MVP (Word)
>> Words into Type
>> Fairhope, Alabama USA
>> http://word.mvps.org
>>
>> "John Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:if21nb$uuo$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> An Error message with the above title pops up with great gusto every
>>> time I open an email. The body of the Error message reads, An error
>>> occurred while calling the callback: "Ribbon_GetDCVisible"
>>>
>>> I have no idea why, what it's about, or how to eliminate it. Can someone
>>> help me out with this please?
>>>
>>> Thank you, all assistance is appreciated
>>>
>>> Buck

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      25th Dec 2010
Oh, yikes, failure to proofreed: That should have been "actually
encouraging." <sigh> The sentiment remains unchanged. <g>

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Stefan Blom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:if4t4q$2dt$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>I agree. :-)
>
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>

> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
> news:if3j5r$ad1$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> Not a problem; it's actually encouragement still to see any traffic here
> after most of it has moved to Answers.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> "John Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:if3fmn$a1e$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Sorry about that Suzanne, you're completely correct.
>> I have this Ng and microsoft.public.outlook.general Ng in my list and I
>> inadvertently posted to the wrong Ng, my bad.
>>
>> Cheers
>>

>> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:if28nt$i9v$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>>> This newsgroup is devoted to Microsoft Word; your subject line suggests
>>> a problem with an Access add-in for Outlook. It would therefore probably
>>> be more productive to post in an Access and/or an Outlook NG.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Suzanne S. Barnhill
>>> Microsoft MVP (Word)
>>> Words into Type
>>> Fairhope, Alabama USA
>>> http://word.mvps.org
>>>
>>> "John Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:if21nb$uuo$(E-Mail Removed)...

Stefan Blom

      26th Dec 2010
That error escaped my attention, it seems. :-)

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP