Custom Control Graphic

Derek Hart

      4th Mar 2009
I tried to take control of the main windows label in a custom usercontrol.
In the toolbox the control no longer has the graphic for a Label, but has a
generic graphic. Is there a way to have it have the same Label in the
toolbox in Visual Studio?

Public Class MyLabel

Inherits System.Windows.Forms.Label

<Browsable(False)> _

Public Shadows ReadOnly Property TabIndex() As Integer

' So it will not show up when doing tab ordering.

Get

Return MyBase.TabIndex

End Get

End Property

End Class

hack2root@gmail.com

      19th Mar 2009
On Mar 4, 9:42*pm, "Derek Hart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I tried to take control of the main windows label in a custom usercontrol..
> In the toolbox the control no longer has the graphic for a Label, but hasa
> generic graphic. Is there a way to have it have the same Label in the
> toolbox in Visual Studio?
>
> * * Public Class MyLabel
>
> * * * * Inherits System.Windows.Forms.Label
>
> * * * * <Browsable(False)> _
>
> * * * * Public Shadows ReadOnly Property TabIndex() As Integer
>
> * * * * * * ' So it will not show up when doing tab ordering.

> * * * * * * * * Return MyBase.TabIndex
>
> * * * * * * End Get
>
> * * * * End Property
>
> * * End Class