Custom charts in Powerpoint. Can it be done?

Erwin van der Slik

      5th Aug 2010
PowerPoint has a lot of chart types to choose from. However we have
even some better ideas/wishes. We are looking for a possible solution
to have editable custom charts in PowerPoint. So just as it works now
(or a compatible solution) but then our types. Some examples of the
chart types we think about are attached. Please let me know your
thoughts about this, is it possible or not or do you agree with me a I
fear that I am dreaming?

http://www.erwinvanderslik.com/chartexample.png

echos

      5th Aug 2010
I think that people often expect their software to do this kind of thing
with no design input from the user. That is impossible.

That said, you can look at Illustrator. It can create these kind of charts,
but in my opinion, you really need an information graphics designer to
create the charts in Illo / Photoshop.

Xcelsius is an option you might look into. http://xcelsius.wordpress.com/

ThinkCell is another. http://www.think-cell.com/

You can create the pie chart at the bottom in PowerPoint 2007 or 2010 fairly
easily.

--
Echo

"Erwin van der Slik" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> PowerPoint has a lot of chart types to choose from. However we have
> even some better ideas/wishes. We are looking for a possible solution
> to have editable custom charts in PowerPoint. So just as it works now
> (or a compatible solution) but then our types. Some examples of the
> chart types we think about are attached. Please let me know your
> thoughts about this, is it possible or not or do you agree with me a I
> fear that I am dreaming?
>
> http://www.erwinvanderslik.com/chartexample.png

j.a.breugelmans@gmail.com

      24th Jul 2012
We have created several Custom charts/ shapes only by using powerpoint "standard" objects.
Maybe you can find inspiration on the following pages:
Round bar chart (filled)
http://www.powerpointinfographics.co...-linear-gauges

http://www.powerpointinfographics.co...ales-dashboard

look for the pie chart with 3d effect:
http://www.powerpointinfographics.co...cell-phone-use

j.a.breugelmans@gmail.com

      24th Jul 2012
And for the radial chart, take a look at this page:
http://www.powerpointinfographics.co...ook-vs-twitter

Both the facebook and Twitter graph are standard powerpoint charts. No add-ins, or purchased software. Just a standard radial chart with some clever data ranges in the source (excel).

erwinvanderslik77@gmail.com

      7th Nov 2012
On Thursday, August 5, 2010 4:37:51 PM UTC+2, echos wrote:
> I think that people often expect their software to do this kind of thing
> with no design input from the user. That is impossible.
>
> That said, you can look at Illustrator. It can create these kind of charts,
> but in my opinion, you really need an information graphics designer to
> create the charts in Illo / Photoshop.
>
> Xcelsius is an option you might look into. http://xcelsius.wordpress.com/
>
> ThinkCell is another. http://www.think-cell.com/
>
> You can create the pie chart at the bottom in PowerPoint 2007 or 2010 fairly
> easily.
>
> --
> Echo
>
> "Erwin van der Slik" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > PowerPoint has a lot of chart types to choose from. However we have
> > even some better ideas/wishes. We are looking for a possible solution
> > to have editable custom charts in PowerPoint. So just as it works now
> > (or a compatible solution) but then our types. Some examples of the
> > chart types we think about are attached. Please let me know your
> > thoughts about this, is it possible or not or do you agree with me a I
> > fear that I am dreaming?
> >
> > http://www.erwinvanderslik.com/chartexample.png

Thanks for the usefull tips!

Regards, Erwin.