Custom Animation Pane > Display Object Name rather than Stacking O

=?Utf-8?B?SkNsZW1lbnRz?=

      10th Nov 2007
Is it possible to change the Custom Animation Pane display such the NAMES of
objects are displayed rather than their stacking order?

If so, has anyone developed a plugin/script to do this?

It seems it would make life a lot easier when editing complex animations.

Then with PPTools or Shyam Pillai's object renamer, it would easy enough to
rename objects prior to using them in animation.
--
John C.

Echo S

      11th Nov 2007
PPT 2007 does this. Rename the objects in the Selection and Visibility pane
(on the Home tab), and the new names show up in the Custom Animation pane as
well.

What's new in PowerPoint 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm
(New!) The PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/2qzlpl
Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/power...noy/index.html

"JClements" <JClements(no spam)@BrwnCald.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is it possible to change the Custom Animation Pane display such the NAMES
> of
> objects are displayed rather than their stacking order?
>
> If so, has anyone developed a plugin/script to do this?
>
> It seems it would make life a lot easier when editing complex animations.
>
> Then with PPTools or Shyam Pillai's object renamer, it would easy enough
> rename objects prior to using them in animation.
> --
> John C.

=?Utf-8?B?SkNsZW1lbnRz?=

      11th Nov 2007
No remedy for PP2003 and below I supposem....:{

"Echo S" wrote:

PPT 2007 does this

Echo S

      11th Nov 2007
No, sorry, not that I'm aware of.

What's new in PowerPoint 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm
(New!) The PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/2qzlpl
Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/power...noy/index.html

"JClements" <JClements(no spam)@BrwnCald.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> No remedy for PP2003 and below I supposem....:{
>

> "Echo S" wrote:
>
> PPT 2007 does this

=?Utf-8?B?THVjeSBUaG9tc29uIChha2EgYW5lYXNpZXJ0b21v

      11th Nov 2007
Hi John

One method that may work for you is to add text to the autoshape but make
the font colour the same as the shape then it will appear in the taskpane as
e.g. rectangle 1: <your text>. It depends on the objects and the colour/fill
they have, but it might help :-)

Lucy
--
MOS Master Instructor
www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au

"JClements" wrote:

> No remedy for PP2003 and below I supposem....:{
>

> "Echo S" wrote:
>
> PPT 2007 does this

=?Utf-8?B?SkNsZW1lbnRz?=

      11th Nov 2007
What I have done in the past is add text to my objects to serve as temporary
"labels" such as A1, A2, etc., for those related to an animation sequence.
After the animations have been finalized or the presentation is finished, I
delete out the text.

=?Utf-8?B?THVjeSBUaG9tc29uIChha2EgYW5lYXNpZXJ0b21v

      11th Nov 2007
You're way ahead of me then ;-)

Another thing that may or may not work for you (again depending on your
objects, how often you use the same ones etc) is to save the objects as
pictures (and build yourself a little library of them) then re-insert them -
the picture name shows up in the custom animation dialogue. It really depends
on what you are doing whether this would be practical or not.

Lucy
--

"JClements" wrote:

> What I have done in the past is add text to my objects to serve as temporary
> "labels" such as A1, A2, etc., for those related to an animation sequence.
> After the animations have been finalized or the presentation is finished, I
> delete out the text.

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBXaWxzb24=?=

      11th Nov 2007
You might also want to think about using vba to add and delete the shape name
text

eg

Sub nameme()
Dim osld As Slide
Dim oshp As Shape
For Each osld In ActivePresentation.Slides
For Each oshp In osld.Shapes
If oshp.HasTextFrame And _
oshp.TextFrame.TextRange = "" Then
oshp.TextFrame.TextRange = "xx" & oshp.Name
End If
Next
Next
End Sub

Sub zap()
Dim osld As Slide
Dim oshp As Shape
Dim stext As String
For Each osld In ActivePresentation.Slides
For Each oshp In osld.Shapes
If oshp.HasTextFrame Then
If Left$(oshp.TextFrame.TextRange, 2) = "xx" Then _
oshp.TextFrame.TextRange = ""
End If
Next
Next