Custom Animation, Grow/Shrink - how to enter a custom percentage?

=?Utf-8?B?VGltIEg=?=

      16th May 2007
I have a photo on a slide which I want to grow to become larger. In the
Custom Animation, Grow/Shrink, Effect Options, Effect menu; clicking the size
button brings up five options: Tiny - 25%, Smaller - 50%, Larger - 150%,
Huge - 400% and Custom - [any number]. You can enter a number in the custom
box, but there doesn't seem to be any way to tell Powerpoint that you want to
have the number you just entered to be stored permanently. I want to enlarge
the photo 170%. After you click the o.k. button, the number in the custom
box just defaults back to one corresponding to one of the first four options
- i.e., 25%, 50%, 150%, or 400%. Is this a known bug with Powerpoint, or is
there something else I should be doing?

Troy @ TLC

      16th May 2007
When you enter the custom number (170), be sure you click the tab key or
enter key before clicking on anything else. If you enter a new value, then
immediately click on 'horizontal' or other option the new value is not
stored. Basically the system is a bit picky on how data is entered...

--
- Troy Chollar
- TLC Creative Services, Inc.

"Tim H" <Tim (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a photo on a slide which I want to grow to become larger. In the
> Custom Animation, Grow/Shrink, Effect Options, Effect menu; clicking the
> size
> button brings up five options: Tiny - 25%, Smaller - 50%, Larger - 150%,
> Huge - 400% and Custom - [any number]. You can enter a number in the
> custom
> box, but there doesn't seem to be any way to tell Powerpoint that you want
> have the number you just entered to be stored permanently. I want to
> enlarge
> the photo 170%. After you click the o.k. button, the number in the
> custom
> box just defaults back to one corresponding to one of the first four
> options
> - i.e., 25%, 50%, 150%, or 400%. Is this a known bug with Powerpoint, or
> is
> there something else I should be doing?

=?Utf-8?B?VGltIEg=?=

      16th May 2007
Nice - that works! Never thought of hitting the enter key.