PC Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.33 average.

Cursor's sticky double arrow

Crunchie Cat

20th Apr 2009
When I re-size a browser or any other window, the cursor does the usual thing and turns into a double-headed arrow as I click and drag. But, whereas it would normally switch back to normal immediately, the cursor "sticks" in double arrow mode, for several moments afterwards.

I can move it around okay, it is not "stuck" to the window edge or anything like that.

It happens with either mouse (Logitech G9 corded, and Logitech MX Laser cordless.)

Does anyone have any idea about what I might tweak to get it to work normally again please? It is not a big problem, but it has been doing this for about two weeks now and is rather annoying.

Thank you for looking

Rocket Scientist

20th Apr 2009
That's an odd one! How long does it do that for, just a few seconds? (is this in Vista btw?).

Crunchie Cat

20th Apr 2009
Oops, sorry Ian - still half asleep when I wrote that. Yes, it is Vista, and it just lasts for a few seconds. I just cannot figure out why it should have suddenly started to behave this way. The answer is probably staring me in the face, but haven't been able to figure it out yet

Captain Crunchie, Retired

20th Apr 2009
Ah, Loggerhead Feces ... you do know that the "auto-update drivers" does NOT work, you need to manually get the newest-latests-for-Vista-not-so-crap-as-before drivers.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/su...ads/downloads/

Attached Thumbnails
Cursor's sticky double arrow-drivers.jpg  

I am the dreadful menace. The one whose will is done. The haunting chill upon your neck. I am the Conundrum.

Acruncher

20th Apr 2009

Looks like you failed the test I'm afraid .

"There's a saying in Estonia that in order to see new things, you have to follow common paths - paths you know."
Games people play, you take it or you leave it
Things that they say, honor brite
If I promise you the moon and the stars, would you believe it
Games people play in the middle of the night
~Alan Parsons Project, Games People Play

Crunchie Cat

20th Apr 2009
Mucks - no, I didn't know that - the auto update thingy keeps saying that it is checking for updates (Logitech that is) so I took it for granted that the blooming things were updating I will check that out manually as you suggest. Thank you

Aww AB, I will be worrying about that duckling all day now... did he get up before he got squashed by a car, has he made it to adulthood... did he ever find a partner and have eggs of his own...? So much to ponder, so little time....

Crunchie Cat

20th Apr 2009
I have updated the SetPoint and Drivers, but I'm still getting the double arrow. Even tried a re-start, which is usually a bit of a cure-all, but hasn't cured it.

Banned

20th Apr 2009
If its any conselation, mine does it to at times..Wether i'm using a mouse on my desktop or the touch pad on my laptop..Me thinks it might be one of those lil Vista problems..

Crunchie Cat

20th Apr 2009
Oh that's interesting Madx, it's a "first" for me, because I've been using the mice without any probs for about 18 months for the G9 and even longer for the Laser. Ooh, just thought.... I wonder if my graphics tablet is having an effect? Didn't you say that you used one too (albeit a more professional one than mine)? Hmm... I think there might be some connection in my case, that was the last new peripheral I have added.

Crunchie Cat

6th Sep 2009
I am giving this old thread a bump, because I think I have managed to "solve" my small, but irritating problem

It seems to have been Firefox-related - when I experimented by changing my Firefox Profile, the problem stopped. No sticky double-arrow. Yay!

If anyone reading this intends to try, it is recommended that you back up your bookmarks, etc. I had the"Foxmarks" (which is now called "Xmarks") add-on, so it was a breeze to just re-install that onto the new profile browser, then just log-in. All bookmarks were transferred, as that Meerkat would say.... "Simples!" Also, don't forget any stored passwords (which we all know should probably not be stored so insecurely, but then again, we only store the ones relating to forums, etc., don't we. )

Here is where you can find a how-to for anyone needing it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: