cursor for powerpoint

bill tilman

      21st Nov 2009
Where can I find a cursor for use in Windows and Powerpoint shows?

When I do a presentation for groups, sometimes rather than using a laser pointer it is great to just use the mouse cursor pointer. These are done in just the Windows screen while running any program in Windows. Sometimes while doing a slide show. It would be great to use the mouse pointer if it were also highlighted cursor with a see through yellow encircled highlighting. A large yellow circle maybe 3x or so the size of the mouse. This would help viewers track the mouse see where I pointing.

Anybody know of anything like this in the public domain?

..NET Managing more than one connection string from Web.config
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...re-than-o.aspx

Troy @ TLC

      22nd Nov 2009
You can customize your windows scheme with a highlight cursor. Then in
slide show mode press "A" or move mouse to make cursor visible on the slide
(note: cursor sitting idle will hide/disappear, or press "A" to hide
sooner).

Ironically, PowerPoint 2010 has a very nifty cursor/laser pointer option for
just this scenario.

--
Troy @ TLC
MS PowerPoint MVP

"bill tilman" wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Where can I find a cursor for use in Windows and Powerpoint shows?
>
> When I do a presentation for groups, sometimes rather than using a laser
> pointer it is great to just use the mouse cursor pointer. These are done
> in just the Windows screen while running any program in Windows. Sometimes
> while doing a slide show. It would be great to use the mouse pointer if it
> were also highlighted cursor with a see through yellow encircled
> highlighting. A large yellow circle maybe 3x or so the size of the mouse.
> This would help viewers track the mouse see where I pointing.
>
> Anybody know of anything like this in the public domain?

> .NET Managing more than one connection string from Web.config
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...re-than-o.aspx

Lucy Thomson

      22nd Nov 2009
Hi

I use the built in windows 'show mouse pointer when pressing ctrl' option
(or whatever it's called) for this. Start -> Control Panel -> Mouse ->
Pointer Options.

Lucy

--
Lucy Thomson
PowerPoint MVP

<bill tilman> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Where can I find a cursor for use in Windows and Powerpoint shows?
>
> When I do a presentation for groups, sometimes rather than using a laser
> pointer it is great to just use the mouse cursor pointer. These are done
> in just the Windows screen while running any program in Windows. Sometimes
> while doing a slide show. It would be great to use the mouse pointer if it
> were also highlighted cursor with a see through yellow encircled
> highlighting. A large yellow circle maybe 3x or so the size of the mouse.
> This would help viewers track the mouse see where I pointing.
>
> Anybody know of anything like this in the public domain?

> .NET Managing more than one connection string from Web.config
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...re-than-o.aspx

Bill Dilworth

      22nd Nov 2009
Hey Bill,

I curse at Windows and PowerPoint on a regular basis, but I'm not in the
public domain.

Seriously, that is a good suggestion for O15 or possibly an add-in. The
add-in may be pretty complicated, so it may need to wait.

Bill Dilworth

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...