Critical WindowsXP Update Installl Failure

=?Utf-8?B?T2xkIFJlYmVs?=

      14th Feb 2006
Not only did the install of Defender get screwed up, one of my 5 updates for
Windos Xp failed to download/install (KB913446-error code 0x80242006). I
tried the online support email request but that system failed due to "unknown
errorr." I need help from somebody who knows how I can contact Mircrosoft
support about critical update failure.
--
Old Rebel: Too Old to Rebel; Too Young to just take it!

Kevin Bean

      14th Feb 2006
"Old Rebel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Not only did the install of Defender get screwed up, one of my 5 updates
> for
> Windos Xp failed to download/install (KB913446-error code 0x80242006). I
> tried the online support email request but that system failed due to
> "unknown
> errorr." I need help from somebody who knows how I can contact Mircrosoft
> support about critical update failure.
> --
> Old Rebel: Too Old to Rebel; Too Young to just take it!

There is a general problem with KB913446, use the following:

Security Update for Windows XP (KB913446)

=?Utf-8?B?SlJvc2VuZmVsZA==?=

      15th Feb 2006
Manual download installed fine off line. That may be the problem with on line
installation as it replaces tcpip.sys

"Kevin Bean" wrote:

> "Old Rebel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Not only did the install of Defender get screwed up, one of my 5 updates
> > for
> > Windos Xp failed to download/install (KB913446-error code 0x80242006). I
> > tried the online support email request but that system failed due to
> > "unknown
> > errorr." I need help from somebody who knows how I can contact Mircrosoft
> > support about critical update failure.
> > --
> > Old Rebel: Too Old to Rebel; Too Young to just take it!

> There is a general problem with KB913446, use the following:
>
> Security Update for Windows XP (KB913446)

Bill Sanderson

      15th Feb 2006
This one is known to Microsoft. Please go here:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../MS06-007.mspx

and select the OS link appropriate to your version of Windows.

Manually download and install the update--it should go just fine.

--

"Old Rebel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Not only did the install of Defender get screwed up, one of my 5 updates
> for
> Windos Xp failed to download/install (KB913446-error code 0x80242006). I
> tried the online support email request but that system failed due to
> "unknown
> errorr." I need help from somebody who knows how I can contact Mircrosoft
> support about critical update failure.
> --
> Old Rebel: Too Old to Rebel; Too Young to just take it!

=?Utf-8?B?T2xkIFJlYmVs?=

      15th Feb 2006
Thank you gents. I downloaded the installer and it installed ok offline.