Creatures2 Game "An Error was detected during startup."....HELP!!!

=?Utf-8?B?VHJhbnF1aWxGbGFtZTM0MjA=?=

      28th Dec 2004
I just installed Creatures2.
But when I try to play Creatures2 this message pops up:

An Error was detected during startup. Creatures2 may not function correctly.
Please restart your machine and try again.

Then if I click the creatures icon again this message pops up:

Creatures2 appears to be already running. If this is not the case please
restart your machine and try again.

Oviously, I've tried restarting my computer many times, and it doesnt work.

Please HELP!!!!

Chris H.

      28th Dec 2004
Please continue to work with Jimmy in the original thread. This isn't a
forum, but a public newsgroup so each of the messages generates its own
thread when you start a different post.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"TranquilFlame3420" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just installed Creatures2.
> But when I try to play Creatures2 this message pops up:
>
> An Error was detected during startup. Creatures2 may not function
> correctly.
> Please restart your machine and try again.
>
> Then if I click the creatures icon again this message pops up:
>
> Creatures2 appears to be already running. If this is not the case please
> restart your machine and try again.
>
> Oviously, I've tried restarting my computer many times, and it doesnt
> work.
>
> Please HELP!!!!

Patti MacLeod

      28th Dec 2004
Hi TranquilFlame3420,

See if the information provided at Creatures 2 Knowledgebase helps solve the
problem:
http://www.gamewaredevelopment.co.uk...=356_0_7_0_M18

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

"TranquilFlame3420" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just installed Creatures2.
> But when I try to play Creatures2 this message pops up:
>
> An Error was detected during startup. Creatures2 may not function

correctly.
> Please restart your machine and try again.
>
> Then if I click the creatures icon again this message pops up:
>
> Creatures2 appears to be already running. If this is not the case please
> restart your machine and try again.
>
> Oviously, I've tried restarting my computer many times, and it doesnt

work.

> Please HELP!!!!

=?Utf-8?B?VHJhbnF1aWxGbGFtZTM0MjA=?=

      29th Dec 2004
Thanks Patti for the suggestion. Only problem is, it didnt work.
I've tried Jimmy's suggestions too, but the game still has the same error:
An Error was detected during startup. Creatures2 may not function correctly.
Please restart your machine and try again.
Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Thanks everyone for your help!