Creating a web page as a pass through page to other pages

John Dalberg

      4th Aug 2006
The firewall at work is blocking some technical blogs that I need to read.

I have a personal server connected to the web. I was thinking of putting up
a web app on it which allows me to view these pages. It would function like
services like anonycat.com and anonymizer.com (these are blocked too) where
you type a url, it grabs the page and sends it to your browser. Are there
ready made apps I can install on the server to do this or how can I create
one using asp.net?

John Dalberg

Mark Rae

      4th Aug 2006
"John Dalberg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:20060804111228.615$(E-Mail Removed)...

> The firewall at work is blocking some technical blogs that I need to read.

> I have a personal server connected to the web. I was thinking of putting
> up
> a web app on it which allows me to view these pages. It would function
> like
> services like anonycat.com and anonymizer.com (these are blocked too)
> where
> you type a url, it grabs the page and sends it to your browser. Are there
> ready made apps I can install on the server to do this or how can I create
> one using asp.net?

If you need to read these technical blogs (i.e. there is a business
requirement for you to read them), then ask your network administrator to
allow you to do so legitimately through the firewall.

Unless, of course, this isn't *really* why you want to hack about with your
employer's security policy...