creating a query for rental of pary items

=?Utf-8?B?Y2FybGlzcw==?=

      14th Sep 2006
i would like to create a database for party rentals,this willl show how much
items are out,in,and pending. it also must also be ale to show the
description of all the items one customer ordered with its unit cost ,number
of items rented,and total amount. these should be able to hold on one form.
customers information should be able to find by either name or company and a
form should be able to show the list of things rented from that one
customerand its different dates rented. also thee should be enough space to
create information leading to damages and trnasportation methods. anyhing
else that you think should be added to this request would be greatful. thank
you!

John Vinson

      14th Sep 2006
On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 15:11:02 -0700, carliss
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>i would like to create a database for party rentals,this willl show how much
>items are out,in,and pending. it also must also be ale to show the
>description of all the items one customer ordered with its unit cost ,number
>of items rented,and total amount. these should be able to hold on one form.
>customers information should be able to find by either name or company and a
>form should be able to show the list of things rented from that one
>customerand its different dates rented. also thee should be enough space to
>create information leading to damages and trnasportation methods. anyhing
>else that you think should be added to this request would be greatful. thank
>you!

Just what would you like the (unpaid) volunteers here to do for you?
Build the entire database?

If you have SPECIFIC problems about table or form structure, please
feel free to ask them. But asking someone to design (and implement!?)
the entire database for you is a bit unreasonable!

John W. Vinson[MVP]

gls858

      15th Sep 2006
carliss wrote:
> i would like to create a database for party rentals,this willl show how much
> items are out,in,and pending. it also must also be ale to show the
> description of all the items one customer ordered with its unit cost ,number
> of items rented,and total amount. these should be able to hold on one form.
> customers information should be able to find by either name or company and a
> form should be able to show the list of things rented from that one
> customerand its different dates rented. also thee should be enough space to
> create information leading to damages and trnasportation methods. anyhing
> else that you think should be added to this request would be greatful. thank
> you!

Take a look at the Northwind database that comes a a sample database
with Access. You will then get an idea about how a data base is structured.
It may even fulfill your needs with some customization.
As John said your request is beyond the scope of this newsgroup.

If your not familiar with Access I would highly recommend something like
Quickbooks. While the price may seem high, the cost to have this database
built from scratch will FAR exceed the cost of Quickbooks basic package.
You might also check out the trade magazines for your particular trade.
Many of these advertise systems built specifically for your industry.

gls858

gls858

      15th Sep 2006
gls858 wrote:
> carliss wrote:
>> i would like to create a database for party rentals,this willl show
>> how much items are out,in,and pending. it also must also be ale to
>> show the description of all the items one customer ordered with its
>> unit cost ,number of items rented,and total amount. these should be
>> able to hold on one form. customers information should be able to find
>> by either name or company and a form should be able to show the list
>> of things rented from that one customerand its different dates rented.
>> also thee should be enough space to create information leading to
>> damages and trnasportation methods. anyhing else that you think should
>> be added to this request would be greatful. thank you!

> Take a look at the Northwind database that comes a a sample database
> with Access. You will then get an idea about how a data base is structured.
> It may even fulfill your needs with some customization.
> As John said your request is beyond the scope of this newsgroup.
>
> If your not familiar with Access I would highly recommend something like
> Quickbooks. While the price may seem high, the cost to have this database
> built from scratch will FAR exceed the cost of Quickbooks basic package.
> You might also check out the trade magazines for your particular trade.
> Many of these advertise systems built specifically for your industry.
>
> gls858

Just one additional piece of info I googled for party rental software
and there are numerous software packages designed specifically for the
rental business. I sure with a little research you could find one that
would fit your needs and budget.

gls858