Creating packages that work under Win2K and XP

Kelly Schutt

      27th Aug 2004
I'm using WinInstall LE to create windows installer packages for
distribution through active directory in a mixed 2K/XP domain. My
question is, how do I create packages that work under both 2K and XP (the
system folder varies - C:\WINNT and C:\WINDOWS). If applications install
files to the system dir then I need 2 seperate packages, one for 2K and
one for XP. Is there any way to tell WinInstall or a similar free,
packaging application to use %systemroot% or a similar variable?

Gary Pulling

      28th Aug 2004
The files should be placed in a folder using a folder
property so they are placed in the right directory no
matter what it is called, i.e. the [SystemFolder]
property.
I would assume that WinInstall does this but if not try
MaSaI Editor.

Gary.

Phil Wilson

      28th Aug 2004
Here's a complete list. They resolve to the actual value at install time on
the target system.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...asp?frame=true
--
Phil Wilson