Creating Appointments or Meeting through Contacts without emailing

johnnygx

      23rd Jan 2010
Outlook 2007 - I want to set up a meeting or appointment with a client and
have it link to calendar - but I don't want to email a request to the client
(Meeting request tab forces you to email). In 2003, this was easy and pain
free. I know how to link from Calendar to Contact but not in reverse.
Please assist.

John

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

      24th Jan 2010
Tell how how it was "easy" in Outlook 2003 and why it does not work the same
in 2007?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, johnnygx asked:

| Outlook 2007 - I want to set up a meeting or appointment with a
| client and have it link to calendar - but I don't want to email a
| request to the client (Meeting request tab forces you to email). In
| 2003, this was easy and pain free. I know how to link from Calendar
| to Contact but not in reverse. Please assist.
|
| John

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

      24th Jan 2010
Did you use the Contact field on the appointment form? Go to Tools, Options,
Calendar options and enable Contact linking.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
(E-Mail Removed)

(E-Mail Removed)

Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use?

"johnnygx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Outlook 2007 - I want to set up a meeting or appointment with a client and
> have it link to calendar - but I don't want to email a request to the
> client
> (Meeting request tab forces you to email). In 2003, this was easy and
> pain
> free. I know how to link from Calendar to Contact but not in reverse.
> Please assist.
>
> John

johnnygx

      2nd Feb 2010
Hi Diane, That box does not appear under Tools, Options, Calendar (there is
no reference to linking to Contacts). It does appear under Contact Options,
Link. But that doesn't allow me to link to a client from the Contact
Section. Please advise. And Thanks.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> Did you use the Contact field on the appointment form? Go to Tools, Options,
> Calendar options and enable Contact linking.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:
> (E-Mail Removed)

> (E-Mail Removed)
>
> Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use?
> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=33803
>
> "johnnygx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Outlook 2007 - I want to set up a meeting or appointment with a client and
> > have it link to calendar - but I don't want to email a request to the
> > client
> > (Meeting request tab forces you to email). In 2003, this was easy and
> > pain
> > free. I know how to link from Calendar to Contact but not in reverse.
> > Please assist.
> >
> > John

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

      2nd Feb 2010
Sorry for mistyping.

With that option enabled, you can add the contact to Contact field in the
appointment -
see screenshot at http://slipstick.me/jing/2010-02-02_1351.png

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
(E-Mail Removed)

(E-Mail Removed)

Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use?

"johnnygx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Diane, That box does not appear under Tools, Options, Calendar (there
> is
> no reference to linking to Contacts). It does appear under Contact
> Options,
> Link. But that doesn't allow me to link to a client from the Contact
> Section. Please advise. And Thanks.
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Did you use the Contact field on the appointment form? Go to Tools,
>> Options,
>> Calendar options and enable Contact linking.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> (E-Mail Removed)

>> (E-Mail Removed)
>>
>> Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use?
>> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=33803
>>
>> "johnnygx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Outlook 2007 - I want to set up a meeting or appointment with a client
>> > and
>> > have it link to calendar - but I don't want to email a request to the
>> > client
>> > (Meeting request tab forces you to email). In 2003, this was easy and
>> > pain
>> > free. I know how to link from Calendar to Contact but not in reverse.
>> > Please assist.
>> >
>> > John

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

      2nd Feb 2010
Also, you can also right click on a contact and choose Create, New meeting
with contact then click Cancel invite. That will open the form with the
contact's name in the Contacts field.

In Ol2003, the right click had both new appointment and new meeting.