How to create shortcut for MS DOS program with switch

JC Home

      10th Aug 2003
Can anybody remind me how to create a shortcut to a dos program with a
switch. I need to specify the directory, program, and parameter
i.e. c>\program files\subdir <program> <switch>

--
Jeff Ciaccio
Dallas, GA

Donald McDaniel

      10th Aug 2003
JC Home wrote:
> Can anybody remind me how to create a shortcut to a dos program with a
> switch. I need to specify the directory, program, and parameter
> i.e. c>\program files\subdir <program> <switch>

Create a new shortcut, then right-click on it, and select "Properties".
Once in the dialog, select the "Shortcut" tab. Then, in the data entry
line next to "Target:", enter the fully qualified path name
(drive:\directory\subdir\filename.ext) of the executable ENCLOSED IN quote
marks ("), followed by a space, then a forward-slash(/), then the switch
(without a leading space) (/switch). However, some DOS programs use the (-)
(minus sign) as the switch indicator, so make sure you check the documents
for that particular program. Do NOT enclose the switch indicator and switch
in quote marks.

While editing the properties for the DOS shortcut, you can adjust memory
requirements, screen, and any compatibility constraints.

--
Donald L McDaniel
Post All replies to the Newsgroup, so that all may be informed

JC Home

      10th Aug 2003
Ahhh... that did it - thanks!!

--
Jeff Ciaccio
Dallas, GA
(W) 678-494-7863 x-274
(Fax) (W) 678-494-7865
http://mywpages.comcast.net/ciaccio8515
"Donald McDaniel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> JC Home wrote:
> > Can anybody remind me how to create a shortcut to a dos program with a
> > switch. I need to specify the directory, program, and parameter
> > i.e. c>\program files\subdir <program> <switch>

> Create a new shortcut, then right-click on it, and select "Properties".
> Once in the dialog, select the "Shortcut" tab. Then, in the data entry
> line next to "Target:", enter the fully qualified path name
> (drive:\directory\subdir\filename.ext) of the executable ENCLOSED IN quote
> marks ("), followed by a space, then a forward-slash(/), then the switch
> (without a leading space) (/switch). However, some DOS programs use the

(-)

JC Home wrote:
> Ahhh... that did it - thanks!!
>
>> JC Home wrote:
>>> Can anybody remind me how to create a shortcut to a dos program
>>> with a switch. I need to specify the directory, program, and
>>> parameter
>>> i.e. c>\program files\subdir <program> <switch>

>> Create a new shortcut, then right-click on it, and select
>> "Properties". Once in the dialog, select the "Shortcut" tab. Then,
>> in the data entry line next to "Target:", enter the fully qualified
>> path name (drive:\directory\subdir\filename.ext) of the executable
>> ENCLOSED IN quote marks ("), followed by a space, then a
>> forward-slash(/), then the switch (without a leading space)
>> (/switch). However, some DOS programs use the (-) (minus sign) as
>> the switch indicator, so make sure you check the documents for that
>> particular program. Do NOT enclose the switch indicator and switch
>> in quote marks.
>>
>> While editing the properties for the DOS shortcut, you can adjust
>> memory requirements, screen, and any compatibility constraints.
>>
>> --
>> Donald L McDaniel
>> Post All replies to the Newsgroup, so that all may be informed

My pleasure...