create a querry using the multiselection function on a listbox

John N

      3rd Apr 2008
I am trying to create a query in Microsoft Access using the multi selection
function on the list box to filter the data in a query. When I refer back to
the list box in the query it does not return any information. When I reset
the parameters of the list back to none in the mutli select property it works
however it does not when I have it set to Extended.

What can I do to have this work?

Allen Browne

      3rd Apr 2008
A query cannot directly read multiple selections from a list box.

It is possible to write code that loops through the ItemsSelected collection
of the list box, to build a Filter string to use in a form or report. Here's
an example:
Use a multi-select list box to filter a report
at:
http://allenbrowne.com/ser-50.html

news:(E-Mail Removed)...