Create Proxy in Outlook - Share between Manager & Asst.

jstolt@surovell.com

      13th Aug 2004
Does anyone know if this is possible. When I had Novell
Groupwise, you could give or be given proxy to someone
else's calendar, e-mail and contacts. I haven't seen
anyway of doing this in Outlook or Outlook Express.

Any thoughts?

rmbojo

      14th Aug 2004

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> *Does anyone know if this is possible. When I had Novell
> Groupwise, you could give or be given proxy to someone
> else's calendar, e-mail and contacts. I haven't seen
> anyway of doing this in Outlook or Outlook Express.
>
> Any thoughts? *

Hi stolt,
Here the steps:
1. Go to the properties of the account that need to "proxy"
2. select Exchange advanced, mailbox rights, add the account you wis
to be able to have a proxy access, give appropriate access, Ok
3. Select Exchange General, select delivery options, add the account i
steps no.2
4. Ok
5. In Outlook client, Go to tools, email accounts, Next, change, mor
settings, advanced, add the account that you want to "proxy".
6. done

-
rmboj

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

      14th Aug 2004
Groupwise is a mail/groupware server - the MS equivalent is Exchange server.
Without a server, you can't really do this easily....Outlook/Outlook Express
are just clients. If you don't have an Exchange server, you may want to see
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm (for Outlook - not OE). If you
have an exchange server, it's easy...

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Does anyone know if this is possible. When I had Novell
> Groupwise, you could give or be given proxy to someone
> else's calendar, e-mail and contacts. I haven't seen
> anyway of doing this in Outlook or Outlook Express.
>
> Any thoughts?

      16th Aug 2004
Your solution sounds like you already need an exchange
server. We are in the planning stages of making a shared
calendar. Is the exchange server the best way to go or
could we maybe load Outlook onto our present server and
all utilize from the server. I'm not the computer guru at
my office, merely doing investigation into the best
method. Any suggests or advice you'd like pass along?

account you wish
>to be able to have a proxy access, give appropriate

access, Ok
>3. Select Exchange General, select delivery options, add

the account in
>steps no.2
>4. Ok
>5. In Outlook client, Go to tools, email accounts, Next,

change, more

--------------
>View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message954413.html
>
>.

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

      17th Aug 2004
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Your solution sounds like you already need an exchange
> server.

Well, there's no built-in way to do this without a mail/groupware server.

> We are in the planning stages of making a shared
> calendar. Is the exchange server the best way to go or
> could we maybe load Outlook onto our present server and
> all utilize from the server.

No....only one user per PST at a time, and MS doesn't support accessing PST
files across a LAN/WAN connection - and you shouldn't install workstation
software on a server anyway (not that it would solve this).

> I'm not the computer guru at
> my office, merely doing investigation into the best
> method. Any suggests or advice you'd like pass along?

If Exchange is overkill, check out the slipstick link I posted.