How to create a "Product Key" in C# ?

Stefano Del Furia

      3rd Feb 2006
Hi all,
i would like to know if someone knows how to create a product key in C#
for an application.
I would have the capability of generate a key (like windows product key)
based on some values (for examples client's name maxValues, maxClients,
etc) , values that i can retrieve inside my application.
Could someone point me to the right directions ???
Thanks in advance
Stefano

john smith

      3rd Feb 2006
Stefano Del Furia wrote:
> Hi all,
> i would like to know if someone knows how to create a product key in C#
> for an application.
> I would have the capability of generate a key (like windows product key)
> based on some values (for examples client's name maxValues, maxClients,
> etc) , values that i can retrieve inside my application.
> Could someone point me to the right directions ???
> Thanks in advance
> Stefano

Licensing questions like that are asked all the time... I remember
answering questions very similar to this like 3 or 4 times at least in
the last month. Try searching google groups (I tried "C# licensing" on
the first try and it did have relevant results)

grant@infralution.com

      3rd Feb 2006
If you are willing to consider a commercial solution take a look at
Infralution's Licensing System (www.infralution.com/licensing.html).
It generates keys using a public key encryption system and allows you
to embed custom information in the key. It is also quite inexpensive
($US80).

Regards
Grant Frisken
Infralution

Stefano Del Furia wrote:
> Hi all,
> i would like to know if someone knows how to create a product key in C#
> for an application.
> I would have the capability of generate a key (like windows product key)
> based on some values (for examples client's name maxValues, maxClients,
> etc) , values that i can retrieve inside my application.
> Could someone point me to the right directions ???
> Thanks in advance
> Stefano

Ken Cox - Microsoft MVP

      4th Feb 2006
You might want to check out Microsoft's ShareWare Starter kit.

http://sharewarestarterkit.com/Default.aspx

It looks like there's license and activation source code there.

Ken

"Stefano Del Furia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsp.s4exbfmrvqn431@nemo...
> Hi all,
> i would like to know if someone knows how to create a product key in C#
> for an application.
> I would have the capability of generate a key (like windows product key)
> based on some values (for examples client's name maxValues, maxClients,
> etc) , values that i can retrieve inside my application.
> Could someone point me to the right directions ???
> Thanks in advance
> Stefano

Christopher Reed

      4th Feb 2006
The link below didn't work for me, but I found another one:

http://blogs.msdn.com/danielfe/archi...10/437293.aspx
--
Christopher A. Reed

"Ken Cox - Microsoft MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You might want to check out Microsoft's ShareWare Starter kit.
>
> http://sharewarestarterkit.com/Default.aspx
>
> It looks like there's license and activation source code there.
>
> Ken
>
> "Stefano Del Furia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsp.s4exbfmrvqn431@nemo...
>> Hi all,
>> i would like to know if someone knows how to create a product key in C#
>> for an application.
>> I would have the capability of generate a key (like windows product key)
>> based on some values (for examples client's name maxValues, maxClients,
>> etc) , values that i can retrieve inside my application.
>> Could someone point me to the right directions ???
>> Thanks in advance
>> Stefano

New Member

      12th Dec 2009
Try Ellipter - http://ellipter.com , it creates short serials based on asymmetric Elliptic Curves encryption and has a feature of embedding product info into created serials.

Banned

      8th May 2010
Another one you can use is CryptoLicensing - it supports various in-built limits and you can also embed your own data (like maxclients, etc) in each generated license.

New Member

      8th Nov 2011
I have used InstallKey from www.lomacons.com. Very easy to use, and you can attach an unlimted number of additional properties to each key. Well designed and worth it.

New Member

      17th Nov 2011
I am using SoftActivate Licensing SDK from http://www.softactivate.com/ to generate license keys for my products. It uses elliptic curve cryptography to generate digitally signed keys. It comes with full source code (in C# and C++) and I needed full control over the licensing so I needed the source code. It also supports activation and comes with an activation server.