Create executable file to run excel macro

Pawan

      30th Aug 2009
Hi

I have written a complex macro in excel and now have to distribute it to
co-workers. However, I want to create an executable file which will run the
macro directly (will open the userform in my macro).

Is there any chance of doing so?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Pawan

Pawan

      30th Aug 2009
Thanks Joel

But I did not get the example given by you. It is exe file and it opens new
workbook. How can I use this to open the workbook that I wish?

Regards,
prm

"Joel" wrote:

> Make the macro an Workbook open macro or call your macro from a workbook open.
>
> Next create a BAT file to open the workbook and run the Bat.
>
> Here is a sample of the bat file
>
> "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\excel.exe" c:\temp\book1.xls
>
> "Pawan" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I have written a complex macro in excel and now have to distribute it to
> > co-workers. However, I want to create an executable file which will run the
> > macro directly (will open the userform in my macro).
> >
> > Is there any chance of doing so?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Regards,
> > Pawan

Joel

      30th Aug 2009
Book1.xls is the workbook that contains that macro you want to run. The Exe
file is Excel.exe (this is the file that starts excel). The command line I
gave your startup excel and opens the workbook book1.xls. You can change the
workbook name to any xls file you like.