PC Review

How to create dynamic column heading in Access form?

25th Nov 2010
Apologies if this should be obvious but I'm only an occasional Access user and after several hours of Googling I've not found a solution.

I am creating a simple database containing records with multiple fields of the form:
Filename;Date;Location;Method;Parameter1........Parameter12.

I have a tableMethodParameter that allows the user to define the Parameter names associated with each Method.

I want to allow the user to view all records containing a particular Method (selected using a ListBox or ComboBox) and to display these in a form with column headings for the Parameter columns dynamically populated using the appropriate values from tableMethodParameter.

It is this last part that is defeating me and any suggestions on how to do it, where to look for further help or even just appropriate terms to narrow my search would be much appreciated.

Ian

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: