create chart of subscribers per month?

Geoff Cox

      19th Apr 2007
Hello,

I have a database for subscriptions to a web site which has the date
on which each application to join was made etc etc.

Can I easily create a chart of the number of people subscribing each
month for the lasr 4 years?

Cheers

Geoff

=?Utf-8?B?RHVhbmUgSG9va29t?=

      20th Apr 2007
This should be possible. Do you want the number who actually create a
subscription or do you want the total number of subscribers during the
period. For instance if I subscribed in Jan for one year, am I counted only
in Jan of 2007 or in every month Jan-2007 to Dec-2007?

If you need more help, you might want to provide your significant table and
field names and types.
--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"Geoff Cox" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a database for subscriptions to a web site which has the date
> on which each application to join was made etc etc.
>
> Can I easily create a chart of the number of people subscribing each
> month for the lasr 4 years?
>
> Cheers
>
> Geoff

Geoff Cox

      20th Apr 2007
On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 09:52:04 -0700, Duane Hookom
<duanehookom@NO_SPAMhotmail.com> wrote:

>This should be possible. Do you want the number who actually create a
>subscription or do you want the total number of subscribers during the
>period. For instance if I subscribed in Jan for one year, am I counted only
>in Jan of 2007 or in every month Jan-2007 to Dec-2007?
>
>If you need more help, you might want to provide your significant table and
>field names and types.

Duane,

I am just interested in seeing how the subscriptions vary throughout
the year so for each year I would like to take the letter-date field
(date/time type) and see how many letters are received in January,
February etc.

Cheers

Geoff

=?Utf-8?B?RHVhbmUgSG9va29t?=

      20th Apr 2007
Does this SQL provide the values you want to graph?

SELECT Year([Letter-Date]) as Yr, Month([Letter-Date]) as Mth, Count(*) as
Subscriptions
FROM tblNoNameGiven
GROUP BY Year([Letter-Date]), Month([Letter-Date]);

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"Geoff Cox" wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 09:52:04 -0700, Duane Hookom
> <duanehookom@NO_SPAMhotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >This should be possible. Do you want the number who actually create a
> >subscription or do you want the total number of subscribers during the
> >period. For instance if I subscribed in Jan for one year, am I counted only
> >in Jan of 2007 or in every month Jan-2007 to Dec-2007?
> >
> >If you need more help, you might want to provide your significant table and
> >field names and types.

> Duane,
>
> I am just interested in seeing how the subscriptions vary throughout
> the year so for each year I would like to take the letter-date field
> (date/time type) and see how many letters are received in January,
> February etc.
>
> Cheers
>
> Geoff

Geoff Cox

      20th Apr 2007
On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 13:04:01 -0700, Duane Hookom
<duanehookom@NO_SPAMhotmail.com> wrote:

>Does this SQL provide the values you want to graph?
>
>SELECT Year([Letter-Date]) as Yr, Month([Letter-Date]) as Mth, Count(*) as
>Subscriptions
>FROM tblNoNameGiven
>GROUP BY Year([Letter-Date]), Month([Letter-Date]);

Sorry Duane, but how do I use the above?

Cheers

Geoff

=?Utf-8?B?RHVhbmUgSG9va29t?=

      20th Apr 2007
You open a new query and go to the SQL view. Paste the SQL statement into the
window and correct any field or table names that are not correct and then
view the datasheet. If you get an error message, fix the query or come back
here with table and field names, error messages and any other significant
information.
--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"Geoff Cox" wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 13:04:01 -0700, Duane Hookom
> <duanehookom@NO_SPAMhotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Does this SQL provide the values you want to graph?
> >
> >SELECT Year([Letter-Date]) as Yr, Month([Letter-Date]) as Mth, Count(*) as
> >Subscriptions
> >FROM tblNoNameGiven
> >GROUP BY Year([Letter-Date]), Month([Letter-Date]);

> Sorry Duane, but how do I use the above?
>
> Cheers
>
> Geoff

Geoff Cox

      20th Apr 2007
On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 13:36:01 -0700, Duane Hookom
<duanehookom@NO_SPAMhotmail.com> wrote:

>You open a new query and go to the SQL view. Paste the SQL statement into the
>window and correct any field or table names that are not correct and then
>view the datasheet. If you get an error message, fix the query or come back
>here with table and field names, error messages and any other significant
>information.

Brilliant Duane!

Got it working and it gives the numbers per month.

Thanks and Cheers,

Geoff