Crash monitoring software?

Martin Roth

      25th Aug 2004
I am looking for a program that monitors my crashes under windows XP. I have
unstable PC I do not want to invest money in (it's only purpose is playing
MP3s), but I want to know if it gets more stable from eg. installing
servicepacks.
I know the event viewer shows my crahshes, but it does not easily show me
the mean time between crashes, and THAT is the value i Am interested in.
Is there a program to log uptime periods? And even better, to correlate
uptimes with crashes?

kind regards
Martin

Chuck

      25th Aug 2004
On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 17:25:50 +0200, "Martin Roth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am looking for a program that monitors my crashes under windows XP. I have
>unstable PC I do not want to invest money in (it's only purpose is playing
>MP3s), but I want to know if it gets more stable from eg. installing
>servicepacks.
>I know the event viewer shows my crahshes, but it does not easily show me
>the mean time between crashes, and THAT is the value i Am interested in.
>Is there a program to log uptime periods? And even better, to correlate
>uptimes with crashes?
>
>kind regards
>Martin

Martin,

I use Windows Uptime from <http://www.rundegren.com/>. WU logs up and down
times. It logs up and down times, identifies system crashes, and generates up
and down time statistics based upon filters that you can set.

The bad news is you have to download it as shareware, as Rundegren has
discontinued it from distribution.

I did some Yahoo searching, and found several websites that provide it. Some
websites provide other products with the same name. Beware: One listed website
provides a similar product, and looks suspiciously like a spyware distribution
site.

WU from Rundegren is a very nice product and will probably fit your needs. But
wherever you download from, do a spyware scan after installing it.

Cheers,
Chuck

Martin Roth

      26th Aug 2004
Chuck wrote:
> "Martin Roth"wrote:
>
>> I am looking for a program that monitors my crashes under windows
>> XP.

> I use Windows Uptime from <http://www.rundegren.com/>. WU logs up
> and down times. It logs up and down times, identifies system
> crashes, and generates up and down time statistics based upon filters
> that you can set.

Great, thanks - that was exactly what I was looking for!
Regards
Martin

Clive Savage

      27th Aug 2004
On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 23:06:13 +0200, "Martin Roth"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Chuck wrote:
>> "Martin Roth"wrote:
>>
>>> I am looking for a program that monitors my crashes under windows
>>> XP.

>> I use Windows Uptime from <http://www.rundegren.com/>. WU logs up
>> and down times. It logs up and down times, identifies system
>> crashes, and generates up and down time statistics based upon filters
>> that you can set.

>Great, thanks - that was exactly what I was looking for!
>Regards
>Martin

Discountinued.

Bye for now.

Clive.

Chuck

      27th Aug 2004
On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 23:06:13 +0200, "Martin Roth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Chuck wrote:
>> "Martin Roth"wrote:
>>
>>> I am looking for a program that monitors my crashes under windows
>>> XP.

>> I use Windows Uptime from <http://www.rundegren.com/>. WU logs up
>> and down times. It logs up and down times, identifies system
>> crashes, and generates up and down time statistics based upon filters
>> that you can set.

>Great, thanks - that was exactly what I was looking for!
>Regards
>Martin

Enjoy, Martin. Just lookout for the spyware.

Cheers,
Chuck

Chuck

      27th Aug 2004
On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 00:54:18 +0100, Clive Savage <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 23:06:13 +0200, "Martin Roth"
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Chuck wrote:

>>> I use Windows Uptime from <http://www.rundegren.com/>. WU logs up
>>> and down times. It logs up and down times, identifies system
>>> crashes, and generates up and down time statistics based upon filters
>>> that you can set.

>>Great, thanks - that was exactly what I was looking for!
>>Regards
>>Martin
>>

>Discountinued.

Rundegren discontinued distribution. But it's still available as shareware.
Watch out for spyware sites.

Try <http://www.softpedia.com/public/scripts/downloadhero/13-5-6/>

AVOID <httx://www.allianceweb.sk/free-download/windowsuptime.php> (URL munged
purposely)