.cps files- how to read an then convert them

=?Utf-8?B?dGhpc3NteW5hbWU=?=

      23rd Aug 2005
how do i open .cps picture files. i had them stored on a cd a while ago. then
i got a new computer and the software that was used to open the picture files
doesn't work on my computer. i want to open those fies and conver then to
..jpg. Wen i try to run the Corel program i get a "I/O read error" or somethin
like that.

Damien

      24th Aug 2005
As you suggested your best bet is to get a Corel product and convert them.
Fortunaly Corel have a fully functional trial (30 Days) that you can
download and use to convert your images free of charge. I don't have any
..CPS files to verify this with but I would be suprised if the current Corel
version did not support this.

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satelli...=1047022690654

All the best,

Damien

"thissmyname" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> how do i open .cps picture files. i had them stored on a cd a while ago.
> then
> i got a new computer and the software that was used to open the picture
> files
> doesn't work on my computer. i want to open those fies and conver then to
> .jpg. Wen i try to run the Corel program i get a "I/O read error" or
> somethin
> like that.

New Member

      18th Jan 2012
I know I am replying to a very old post and I am probably the only fool still looking for a way to open old .cps and .cpo files...ha! I just got off the Phone with Corel and learned that I am too late for a solution to that problem. I used my Corel Photo House 5 and Print Office 2000 until recently when my computer running XP crashed and I installed Windows 7 on the new computer only to learn those old programs wouldn't run on 7. I had converted most of my files to .jpg, etc. knowing that this day would come but I missed some old photos and really would like to find a solution to this problem. If anyone out there knows of any converting software that would work I would be most grateful.

Also, I tried installing the link in the above post but it doesn't recognize .cps or .cpo file extensions.

New Member

      14th Feb 2013
I am looking as well. Just found some precious ones on my old CD backups. What can be done??