COUNTIF FUNCTION

Mickey

      7th Nov 2008
I would like for the funtion to count certain parts if they are out of
warranty.

ex: Count the number of F13000(Column B) if it is out of warranty(Column A).
(Return value 2)
Column A Column B
Row 1 Warranty F13000
Row 2 Out Of Warranty F13000
Row 3 Out Of Warranty 182468
Row 4 Out of Warranty F13000

Thanks,

Engel

      7th Nov 2008
Hi Dave M,

;-)

Good to see you.
-=-

"Dave M" wrote:

> You're not going to complete your homework assignment in a group like this.
> Look for a spreadsheet group instead of a spyware discussion forum...
> Sorry, Mickey, gotta give you an "F" for oFF topic this semester.
>
> --
>
> Regards, Dave
>

> Mickey wrote:
> > I would like for the funtion to count certain parts if they are out of
> > warranty.
> >
> > ex: Count the number of F13000(Column B) if it is out of
> > warranty(Column A). (Return value 2)
> > Column A Column B
> > Row 1 Warranty F13000
> > Row 2 Out Of Warranty F13000
> > Row 3 Out Of Warranty 182468
> > Row 4 Out of Warranty F13000
> >
> > Thanks,

robinb

      8th Nov 2008
robin waves to dave

"Dave M" <dpmoELEVENerATnetscapeDOTnet> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Engel M,
> Nice to see you in the "I'm a PC" learning center today. ;o)
> --
>
> Regards, Dave
>

> Engel wrote:
>> Hi Dave M,
>>
>> ;-)
>>

>> Good to see you.
>> -=-
>>

>> "Dave M" wrote:
>>
>>> You're not going to complete your homework assignment in a group
>>> like this. Look for a spreadsheet group instead of a spyware
>>> discussion forum... Sorry, Mickey, gotta give you an "F" for oFF
>>> topic this semester.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Regards, Dave

Engel

      8th Nov 2008
Hi Dave,

no me, you have the link?
-=-

"Dave M" wrote:

> Hi Engel M,
> Nice to see you in the "I'm a PC" learning center today. ;o)
> --
>
> Regards, Dave
>

> Engel wrote:
> > Hi Dave M,
> >
> > ;-)
> >

> > Good to see you.
> > -=-
> >

> > "Dave M" wrote:
> >
> >> You're not going to complete your homework assignment in a group
> >> like this. Look for a spreadsheet group instead of a spyware
> >> discussion forum... Sorry, Mickey, gotta give you an "F" for oFF
> >> topic this semester.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Regards, Dave

Bill Sanderson

      8th Nov 2008

"Jack": Thanks for making a positive contribution here. I do tend to agree
with one of the other replies which implies that this is a homework
question, but your answer will at least help further the OP's educational
efforts I hope.

So, again, thanks for this helpful post.

I have to say, however, that the other two posts you made today are not only
not helpful, but shameful, and I hope they will be removed as they are
contrary to the terms of service in these groups, which you are fully aware
of.

I'm not sure what base impulse brings you here to spout your vitriol, but I
do wish you could control it better. You are not achieving your stated
intent, but instead leaving us all scratching our heads about why someone
with the obvious interest in helping out that you've evidenced, can't choose
to express himself except in this completely unacceptable way.

Thanks for listening to my rant--feel free to write me in private if you
wish: (E-Mail Removed)