Loane Sharp

      3rd Jul 2005
Hi there
CounterSpy (v. ) and the latest Windows Antispyware Beta
(v. 1.0.614) don't seem to coexist very well. In
particular WAS can't detect my Internet connection. If I
uninstall CounterSpy, or if I revert to the earlier WAS,
all works OK. Has anyone detected a similar problem, and
discovered a workaround?
Best regards
Loane

plun

      3rd Jul 2005
Hi

MSAS and Counterspy are twins with exactly the same functions

Sunbelt bought a license from Giant, MS bought Giant so
these programs are equal.

Except that Counterspy also removes Claria................

So if you already paid for Counterspy, uninstall MSAS.
Or choose one of them.

--
plun

It happens that Loane Sharp formulated :
> Hi there
> CounterSpy (v. ) and the latest Windows Antispyware Beta
> (v. 1.0.614) don't seem to coexist very well. In
> particular WAS can't detect my Internet connection. If I
> uninstall CounterSpy, or if I revert to the earlier WAS,
> all works OK. Has anyone detected a similar problem, and
> discovered a workaround?
> Best regards
> Loane

Mikolaj

      4th Jul 2005
> Hi there
> CounterSpy (v. ) and the latest Windows Antispyware Beta
> (v. 1.0.614) don't seem to coexist very well. In
> particular WAS can't detect my Internet connection. If I
> uninstall CounterSpy, or if I revert to the earlier WAS,
> all works OK. Has anyone detected a similar problem, and
> discovered a workaround?
> Best regards
> Loane

Someone however here on the newsgorup posted an info, that this works OK
until the uninstall time: when goes to uninstall, then both apps should be
uninstalled together.

--
Pozdrawiam serdecznie / Kind regards
Mikolaj Kaminski

plun

      4th Jul 2005
Mikolaj presented the following explanation :
> Someone however here on the newsgorup posted an info, that this works OK
> until the uninstall time: when goes to uninstall, then both apps should be
> uninstalled together.

Hi Mikolaj

I have switched to Counterspy for a while beacuse of Claria
and why should a user install both of these identical apps ?

A lot about this within Counterspys FAQ.
http://www.sunbelt-software.com/CounterSpy-FAQ.cfm

Counterspy using MS definitions and their owns. :-)

And I now see a fully working app ! Also the "inculate" function which
is a
smart invention.

--
plun

plun

      4th Jul 2005
on 2005-07-04, plun supposed :
> I have switched to Counterspy for a while beacuse of Claria
> and why should a user install both of these identical apps ?

To make it clear with "switched", MSAS is uninstalled until
Mr Ballmer has sort out this mess out about Claria and
trustworthy computing.

:'(

--
plun

Mikolaj

      4th Jul 2005
> To make it clear with "switched", MSAS is uninstalled until
> Mr Ballmer has sort out this mess out about Claria and
> trustworthy computing.
>
> :'(
>
> --
> plun

Hi plun,

And how you will now provide support, without MSAS installed? ;-P

That's a shame on you that you have decided to make an "organized withdrawal
to the predetermined positions" in the face of such small, inconvenient
enemy as Claria or MSAS bugs ;-P

Back to the positions and keep the lines, lieutenant ;-D

--
Pozdrawiam serdecznie / Kind regards
Mikolaj Kaminski
MS-MVP, Poland

plun

      4th Jul 2005
It happens that Mikolaj formulated :
> And how you will now provide support, without MSAS installed? ;-P
>
> That's a shame on you that you have decided to make an "organized withdrawal
> to the predetermined positions" in the face of such small, inconvenient enemy
> as Claria or MSAS bugs ;-P
>
> Back to the positions and keep the lines, lieutenant ;-D

No this was enough after some discussions with other users
with high principles about this.

I am deserting and goes behind enemy lines......... :')

:'(

--
plun

Mikolaj

      4th Jul 2005
> I am deserting and goes behind enemy lines......... :')
>
> :'(
>
> --
> plun

The Judge: "plun, you are charged with desertion..
In the name of her Majesty, you will be taken from this court and hung
(right in the middle of countless spyware threats), drawn (by adware
temptations) and quartered (by malware applications)..
What are your last words, accused ?"

;-D

--
Pozdrawiam serdecznie / Kind regards
Mikolaj Kaminski
MS-MVP, Poland

plun

      5th Jul 2005
Hi Mikolaj

Well, I do believe that the General for this
operation is not trustworthy so I join the
group with Donna (probably not an MVP next year)
Eric L Howes and all other users within spyware
communitys which really believes this is sick.

Probably also the MSAS team dislikes this order
from General Ballmer...............

--
plun

Anonymous Bob

      5th Jul 2005

"plun" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:00a201c58194$e6d70000$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Mikolaj
>
> Well, I do believe that the General for this
> operation is not trustworthy so I join the
> group with Donna (probably not an MVP next year)
> Eric L Howes and all other users within spyware
> communitys which really believes this is sick.
>
> Probably also the MSAS team dislikes this order
> from General Ballmer...............

plun,

Why not wait until you see what developes? It isn't a done deal and
you would be missed here.

Bob Vanderveen