Could not start scan. Scan engine returned error 0x20000058 (Symantec Antivirus 9.0.0.338)

emartinez.pr1@gmail.com

      29th Jun 2006
The above error (see subject) I received on my box running XP Pro. I am
running Symantec Corporate Edition Version 9.0.0.338. To resolve the
problem, I ended up stopping and restarting the service as follows:
1. Right click on 'My Computer' and select 'Manage.'
2. Select Services and Applications->Services.
3. Right click Symantec Antivirus (in the services list) and select
'Stop.'
4. After the service stops, right click Symantec Antivirus again and
select 'Start.'
I thought that I would share my solution since a clear resolution to
this particular problem has not been posted as of yet.

Regards,

Enrique Martinez
Sr. SQL Server DBA/Developer
(E-Mail Removed)

Haggis

      29th Jun 2006

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The above error (see subject) I received on my box running XP Pro. I am
> running Symantec Corporate Edition Version 9.0.0.338. To resolve the
> problem, I ended up stopping and restarting the service as follows:
> 1. Right click on 'My Computer' and select 'Manage.'
> 2. Select Services and Applications->Services.
> 3. Right click Symantec Antivirus (in the services list) and select
> 'Stop.'
> 4. After the service stops, right click Symantec Antivirus again and
> select 'Start.'
> I thought that I would share my solution since a clear resolution to
> this particular problem has not been posted as of yet.
>
> Regards,
>
> Enrique Martinez
> Sr. SQL Server DBA/Developer
> (E-Mail Removed)

AFAIK that was fixed ..check the symantec support site ....you may want
apply the latest updates for your software
(using ver 9.0.3 at the moment)