Corrupted User Account

Kev Middleman

      21st Sep 2003
Hi,

One of the limited accounts on my system seems to have become corrupted.
Logging onto the count just brings up the default blue screen with the
wastebasket in the corner. All items normally shown on user's desktop are
missing. OS view is also set to 'classic'.

Going thought the display menu and changing the options there has no effect
on what is seen.

Account can no longer connect to internet either.

I can't think of anything I've changed on the computer since the account was
last working so don't know why it's doing this.

Windows Restore points will not work to take the system back to a time where
it worked properly so that option's out.

I know I can set up a new account and transfer files to this but I'd much
rather fix the account already in place.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks

Michael Solomon \(MS-MVP Windows Shell/User\)

      21st Sep 2003
What you've mentioned is the only way to fix a user account. Create a new
one and transfer the files:

Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User
Backup is a PC User's Best Friend