corrupted scheduled task after renaming machine

      8th Apr 2008
After I renamed my Vista machine, Task Scheduler warned me about two invalid
tasks every time it was opened: User_Feed_Synchronization and Reminders
(should be part of Windows Calender). The two tasks were not shown even with
hidden tasks turned on, which prevented me from modifying them.

I found some trick from Internet to manually locate and edit the job file.
The old machine name was hardcoded in the job file. This must be a bug! I
used notepad to correct the machine names. Now Task Scheduler complains the
two tasks are tampered, still not showing them. Even I manually change the
two files back to original content, it still complains about tampering.

So what can I do now to correct these two tasks?

C.B.

      8th Apr 2008

<-> wrote in message news:##(E-Mail Removed)...
> After I renamed my Vista machine, Task Scheduler warned me about two
> invalid tasks every time it was opened: User_Feed_Synchronization and
> Reminders (should be part of Windows Calender). The two tasks were not
> shown even with hidden tasks turned on, which prevented me from modifying
> them.
>
> I found some trick from Internet to manually locate and edit the job file.
> The old machine name was hardcoded in the job file. This must be a bug! I
> used notepad to correct the machine names. Now Task Scheduler complains
> the two tasks are tampered, still not showing them. Even I manually change
> the two files back to original content, it still complains about
> tampering.
>
> So what can I do now to correct these two tasks?

Task Scheduler is capable of doing some strange things in my opinion. I
properly scheduled a task to run at startup, confirmed that the task was
actually scheduled and rebooted. The next thing I saw was a BSOD.
The only way I could overcome the BSOD was to restore using my True
Image bootable rescue DVD.

C.B.

--
It is the responsibility and duty of everyone to help the underprivileged
and unfortunate among us.

New Member

      3rd Feb 2012
I had the same problem, posted solution here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...9b839aa?page=1 (windows - forum/windows_vista-performance - cant-find-task-in-task-scheduler)

Peace!

Devvie

~~~ (E-Mail Removed) ~~~
Cuisvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore persevare
——
All spelling mistakes are my own and may only be distributed under the GNU
General Public License! – ( 95-1 by Coredump; 2-012 by DevNullius)