Corrupted bkf file

Jon Ball

      27th May 2004
Unfortunately, I ended up with two XP Operating Systems
in the same partition. I was told the only way to correct
that was to reformat the hard drive. So, using the
Windows XP backup tool, I backed up the entire drive to
an external hard drive. I reformatted the hard drive and
reinstalled XP Pro without a problem. However, when I
went to restore the bkf file, it was corrupt. I sent the
drive to a data recovery technician which did not help.

Does anyone have any suggestions of technicians,
utilities or other methods to recover data from a
corrupted bkf file?

Sincerely,
Jon "I am toast without this data" Ball

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

      27th May 2004
Unfortunately, if the backup data file's corrupt, it's corrupt. Did you do a
'verify' after backing up?

Jon Ball wrote:
> Unfortunately, I ended up with two XP Operating Systems
> in the same partition. I was told the only way to correct
> that was to reformat the hard drive. So, using the
> Windows XP backup tool, I backed up the entire drive to
> an external hard drive. I reformatted the hard drive and
> reinstalled XP Pro without a problem. However, when I
> went to restore the bkf file, it was corrupt. I sent the
> drive to a data recovery technician which did not help.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions of technicians,
> utilities or other methods to recover data from a
> corrupted bkf file?
>
> Sincerely,
> Jon "I am toast without this data" Ball

Jon Ball

      27th May 2004
Yes. I did verify. But the external hard drive I was
using chose that time to go bad on me. It is terrible
when you think you are doing all the backup procedures
you should be doing and still get screwed.

Jon

=?Utf-8?B?QWppdGhi?=

      3rd Jun 2005
Dear friends,

I need to know how to remove standard buttons and address bar from windows
explorer, I need to restrict around 100 system, I need registry value

Regards
Ajith

rodyroon@gmail.com

      9th Jul 2012
Kernel for BKF repair software quickly restores all the data from damaged BKF files. You donít need to look around for older backups or deal with data loss issues. It can easily restore data from all backups created using ntbackup.exe utility and backup files created using Backup Exec by VERITAS under Windows, Novell and Macintosh. Additionally, Save snapshot and Load snapshot options provide it an edge over other available repair tools.You cantry this software from here http://www.bkffile.com