Corrupt Movie Maker

Pogo Bob

      18th Jul 2009

If I try to open the help file I get the following: MUI\0409\MOVIEMK.chm
could not be found.

If I try to import an mpeg movie clip it says :.mpg could not be imported.
Is not valid or corrupted. Other software will open the clip that were
created with WinTV2000 capture card.

Any ideas will be appreciated

John Inzer

      19th Jul 2009

Pogo Bob wrote:
> If I try to open the help file I get the following:
> MUI\0409\MOVIEMK.chm could not be found.
>
> If I try to import an mpeg movie clip it says :.mpg could not be
> imported. Is not valid or corrupted. Other software will open the
> clip that were created with WinTV2000 capture card.
>
> Any ideas will be appreciated

=======================================
Maybe the following steps will be useful:

Here's where I find it on my WinXP SP3 system.

C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\MUI\0409\moviemk.chm

If you do not have it...try looking in:
C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\moviemk.chm

Copy it from there to the correct location...you may have
to create the MUI\0409 folders.

Movie Maker has issues with MPEG files....best bet wouild
be to convert the files to the .wmv format before importing
into Movie Maker.

The following freeware programs can convert the files.

Windows Media Encoder
http://tinyurl.com/bbal
or...

SUPER Simplified