Corrupt/Locked Out ACLs

Yoann Roman

      2nd Jan 2007
I have a file that I can't seem to reset the permissions on. As
Administrator, I can't read, copy, delete, view permissions, or do anything
to it. Everything returns "Access Denied".

As the local Admin, I've tried taking ownership via the UI; no luck.

I've tried the takeown and subinacl tools, both under the local admin (using
runas) and the domain admin (interactive); no luck.

I've tried the W2K03 versions of the xcacls and takeown tools from an XP
machine under the domain admin (using runas); no luck.

Any ideas?

--
Yoann Roman

Adam Piggott