PC Review

Corrupt digital images

21st Jan 2006
Can anybody help me please, i`ve submitted this question before without any luck, but i`ll try again. I lost a lot of digital images when my drive was reformatted but not them all ,that were not backed up ( i`ve learnt my lesson) the thumbnails are blank but have a file size attached to them, i`ve talked to various people that seem to think that the photo data is still there but the file that tells it how to open is corrupt.I`ve tried all sorts of photo repair software without luck, is the only option expensive data recovery or is there something more viable

Captain Crunchie, Retired

21st Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by loafer
Can anybody help me please, i`ve submitted this question before without any luck, but i`ll try again. I lost a lot of digital images when my drive was reformatted but not them all ,that were not backed up ( i`ve learnt my lesson) the thumbnails are blank but have a file size attached to them, i`ve talked to various people that seem to think that the photo data is still there but the file that tells it how to open is corrupt.I`ve tried all sorts of photo repair software without luck, is the only option expensive data recovery or is there something more viable
Nope, not really ...

If you have the money, and used someone like Disklabs, they still will not guarantee any results.

I am the dreadful menace. The one whose will is done. The haunting chill upon your neck. I am the Conundrum.

23rd Jan 2006
Cheers Muckshifter,

not the answer i wanted but i will contact the people you
suggested to see if they can help as the photos cannot be
replaced

sugar 'n spikes

23rd Jan 2006
I also think it's unlikely you'll recover those, what you're viewing is sort of 'detritus' left over from what was once there previously.

I'm surprised you can actually see anything if the drive was formatted, quite strange.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune Use that burner drive, that's what it's there for

Don Van Vliet 1941 - 2010. And the acid gold bar swirled up and down, up and down.

5th Feb 2006
Thanks for that, i don`t think that the drive was actually formatted and the info i gave origionally was a wee bit misleading, a recovery programme called stellar recovery was used as we could not get the drive to boot up at all and the unviewable thumbnails that are left are what the programme salvaged

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: