PC Review

Cordless Desktop Advice

17th Jan 2008
Hi all,

I am looking for some recommendaions on Cordless Desktop's. The main thing i need is a decent range between the actual keyboard and mouse and the wireless receiver on the computer.

Thanks

Captain Crunchie, Retired

17th Jan 2008
You won't get a "decent" range as these things are governed by regulations ... 27MHz RF (radio frequency) to communicate to an average 6 foot coverage, not necessarily line of sight, helps prevent “cross talk” where one device can cause another mouse pointer to move.

I can't see my screen at 6 feet.

Consensus on the Internet is Logitech or Microsoft, there are a load of 'others' out there, but be aware also that if you are a dedicated gamer, then you may not like a wireless mouse/keyboard. The 'response/tracking' speed of around 50Hz a wee bit slow compared to a wired USB mouse of around 100Hz.

Oh, and optical is, of course, the in thing these days.

“I am the dreadful menace. The one whose will is done. The haunting chill upon your neck. I am the Conundrum.”

17th Jan 2008
Appreciate the advice. I shall have a look at the logitech and microsoft ranges then.

Thanks

sugar 'n spikes

17th Jan 2008
I have This one with my media machine and it works a treat, very happy with it, but I don't operate it from more than three metres away. Had it about six months now and still on original batteries.

You can get that one in Staples and Comet if you don't want to purchase online. Same price.

Logitech do a laser mouse combo as well but it's twice the price of the one I've linked to.

Don Van Vliet 1941 - 2010. And the acid gold bar swirled up and down, up and down.

18th Jan 2008
Thanks Floppy, i'll check that one out!

Cheers

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: