copying conditional formatting

=?Utf-8?B?SmFrZ2VlbQ==?=

      23rd Dec 2004
I'm doing an analysis of extensive data, and have setup conditional
formatting to display the results. Is there a way to copy the conditional
formatting to the entire range of data? I have it setup in one cell, but
when I copy it to the other cells in the column (either using Paste Special
or the Paintbrush), it references the original cell. Do I have to manually
adjust each cell (approx 450) or is there a shortcut?

=?Utf-8?B?UGVvIFNqb2Jsb20=?=

      23rd Dec 2004
Yes, you can copy it for instance by using the format painter paintbrush,
note to be able to copy the formattin the cell reference must be relative

If for instance you would use

=$A$2>5

in your formatting and you want to copy that down, you must remove at least
one dollar sign, either

=$A2>5

or

=A2>5

if you do that you can just right click on the cell, copy down and select
fill formatting or using the format painter

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Jakgeem" wrote:

> I'm doing an analysis of extensive data, and have setup conditional
> formatting to display the results. Is there a way to copy the conditional
> formatting to the entire range of data? I have it setup in one cell, but
> when I copy it to the other cells in the column (either using Paste Special
> or the Paintbrush), it references the original cell. Do I have to manually
> adjust each cell (approx 450) or is there a shortcut?

=?Utf-8?B?SmFrZ2VlbQ==?=

      23rd Dec 2004
Thanks!