copy table in pdf format to word

=?Utf-8?B?VHJpc2g=?=

      24th Nov 2005
Hi, I use Word 2003. I have a large pdf document which contains some tables
that I need to copy into Word. As this is probably a one-off, I have not
bought special converter software. I have tried using the select text tool
in the pdf file, but it won't let me copy. I have also tried using the
snapshot feature, but don't know how to use it - I can select what I want,
but don't know what to do after that, as there do not seem to be any options.
Is there a way I can just copy the tables across, keeping their current
format, or is it just not that simple? You can tell I don't know much about
pdf files!! Early response appreciated!
Thanks. Trish

Jezebel

      24th Nov 2005
If you have (or can borrow) the full version of Acrobat, open it in Acrobat
and use SaveAs to save it as Word.

"Trish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, I use Word 2003. I have a large pdf document which contains some
> tables
> that I need to copy into Word. As this is probably a one-off, I have not
> bought special converter software. I have tried using the select text
> tool
> in the pdf file, but it won't let me copy. I have also tried using the
> snapshot feature, but don't know how to use it - I can select what I want,
> but don't know what to do after that, as there do not seem to be any
> options.
> Is there a way I can just copy the tables across, keeping their current
> format, or is it just not that simple? You can tell I don't know much
> about
> pdf files!! Early response appreciated!
> Thanks. Trish

=?Utf-8?B?c2V2YQ==?=

      24th Nov 2005
Try to select table (as picture) in acrobat reader and then copy paste

"Trish" wrote:

> Hi, I use Word 2003. I have a large pdf document which contains some tables
> that I need to copy into Word. As this is probably a one-off, I have not
> bought special converter software. I have tried using the select text tool
> in the pdf file, but it won't let me copy. I have also tried using the
> snapshot feature, but don't know how to use it - I can select what I want,
> but don't know what to do after that, as there do not seem to be any options.
> Is there a way I can just copy the tables across, keeping their current
> format, or is it just not that simple? You can tell I don't know much about
> pdf files!! Early response appreciated!
> Thanks. Trish

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

      24th Nov 2005
I'm feeling generous today. Send the file to me - I have Acrobat Pro. Just
let me know what you need.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Trish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, I use Word 2003. I have a large pdf document which contains some
> tables
> that I need to copy into Word. As this is probably a one-off, I have not
> bought special converter software. I have tried using the select text
> tool
> in the pdf file, but it won't let me copy. I have also tried using the
> snapshot feature, but don't know how to use it - I can select what I want,
> but don't know what to do after that, as there do not seem to be any
> options.
> Is there a way I can just copy the tables across, keeping their current
> format, or is it just not that simple? You can tell I don't know much
> about
> pdf files!! Early response appreciated!
> Thanks. Trish

=?Utf-8?B?VHJpc2g=?=

      29th Nov 2005
Dear JoAnn, that was very kind of you. However, as it was of a confidential
nature I could not send it out. I have now achieved what I was trying to
do. Thanks again for your kindness.
Trish

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

> I'm feeling generous today. Send the file to me - I have Acrobat Pro. Just
> let me know what you need.
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Trish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi, I use Word 2003. I have a large pdf document which contains some
> > tables
> > that I need to copy into Word. As this is probably a one-off, I have not
> > bought special converter software. I have tried using the select text
> > tool
> > in the pdf file, but it won't let me copy. I have also tried using the
> > snapshot feature, but don't know how to use it - I can select what I want,
> > but don't know what to do after that, as there do not seem to be any
> > options.
> > Is there a way I can just copy the tables across, keeping their current
> > format, or is it just not that simple? You can tell I don't know much
> > about
> > pdf files!! Early response appreciated!
> > Thanks. Trish

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

      1st Dec 2005
I completely understand. I deal with documentation that is protected by
HIPAA - one lapse and I'm unemployed.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]