Copy/Paste from Outlook Task to Word - Priority won't paste

Victoria@dig

      31st Mar 2010
Outlook 2007 on Exchange Server

In order to print out my to-do list for the day, I usually copy my task list
from Outlook and then go to Word, Paste/no formatting, convert to table.
I'm noticing that I have to use the Priority column more these days and
noticed that when I go to Word and paste, the Priority column doesn't
transfer over. At first I thought it was because the column was an icon, so
I changed it to text and it still won't transfer over. Any thoughts on why
not?

Thanks!

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

      1st Apr 2010
Are they tasks or To-do's? Add the Custom Priority field to the view and
see if it shows the same value as Priority. My Custom Priority field has the
same value as priority field on Tasks (in Outlook 2010)... and its picked up
in the copy. It doesn't have a value in 2007, but I don't have an Exchange
account configured in 2007. It doesn't have a value for flagged items.

Or... create a custom field for the Task folder - use Formula and
IIf([Priority]>0,IIf([Priority]=2,"High","Normal"),"Low")
There might be a better formula to use - that was quick and dirty.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
(E-Mail Removed)

(E-Mail Removed)

"Victoria@dig" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Outlook 2007 on Exchange Server
>
> In order to print out my to-do list for the day, I usually copy my task
> list from Outlook and then go to Word, Paste/no formatting, convert to
> table. I'm noticing that I have to use the Priority column more these days
> and noticed that when I go to Word and paste, the Priority column doesn't
> transfer over. At first I thought it was because the column was an icon,
> so I changed it to text and it still won't transfer over. Any thoughts on
> why not?
>
> Thanks!

Victoria@dig

      1st Apr 2010
Diane, you're a genius. The Custom Priority field didn't work, but your
Formula field did! Thanks. (for anyone who's refrencing this, I'm using
Tasks, not To-do's.)

news:(E-Mail Removed)...