How to copy formula with one cell constant

Mark

      29th Jan 2008
How can I copy the formula so that B2 stays constant and only the row changes?

A B C

1 2

2 10 =A2*B1

3 20 =A3*B1

4 30 =A4*B1

Thanks

Pete_UK

      29th Jan 2008
Put this formula in B2:

=A2*B$1

When you copy this down the $1 will not change.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 29, 7:10*pm, Mark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> How can I copy the formula so that B2 stays constant and only the row changes?
>
> * * * A * * *B * * C
>
> 1 * * * * * 2
>
> 2 * 10 * *=A2*B1
>
> 3 * 20 * *=A3*B1
>
> 4 *30 * * =A4*B1
>
> Thanks

Stan Brown

      31st Jan 2008
Tue, 29 Jan 2008 11:10:05 -0800 from Mark
<(E-Mail Removed)>:
> How can I copy the formula so that B2 stays constant and only the row changes?
>
> A B C
>
> 1 2
>
> 2 10 =A2*B1
>
> 3 20 =A3*B1
>
> 4 30 =A4*B1

?? B2 ??

http://OakRoadSystems.com/

holidaymantra@gmail.com

      7th Jul 2012

Dear pete_uk,

Thanks a ton,

saved lot my time and appricate your effort on this.
Regards,
Dr. Shashi
www.holidaymantra.com
On Wednesday, January 30, 2008 12:52:15 AM UTC+5:30, Pete_UK wrote:
> Put this formula in B2:
>
> =A2*B$1
>
> When you copy this down the $1 will not change.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Pete
>
> On Jan 29, 7:10*pm, Mark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > How can I copy the formula so that B2 stays constant and only the row changes?
> >
> > * * * A * * *B * * C
> >
> > 1 * * * * * 2
> >
> > 2 * 10 * *=A2*B1
> >
> > 3 * 20 * *=A3*B1
> >
> > 4 *30 * * =A4*B1
> >
> > Thanks

New Member

      14th Jul 2012
A $ sign before the column or row keeps it constant when pasted / dragged.
You can scroll through the options by pressing F4 when the cell reference is highlighted.
i.e.

$A$2
A$2
$A2
A2

and then the cycle repeats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
How can I copy the formula so that B2 stays constant and only the row changes?

A B C

1 2

2 10 =A2*B1

3 20 =A3*B1

4 30 =A4*B1

Thanks

asad.ahmed.online@gmail.com

      10th Aug 2012
On Tuesday, January 29, 2008 2:10:05 PM UTC-5, Mark wrote:
> How can I copy the formula so that B2 stays constant and only the row changes?
>
> A B C
>
> 1 2
>
> 2 10 =A2*B1
>
> 3 20 =A3*B1
>
> 4 30 =A4*B1
>

> Thanks

GOOD JOB GUYS

ianspringham@gmail.com

      20th Mar 2014
On Tuesday, 29 January 2008 20:10:05 UTC+1, Mark wrote:
> How can I copy the formula so that B2 stays constant and only the row changes?
>
> A B C
>
> 1 2
>
> 2 10 =A2*B1
>
> 3 20 =A3*B1
>
> 4 30 =A4*B1
>

> Thanks

Very helpful - quickly solved a problem that I had never gotten round to resolving. Thanks, so much!

wabbleknee

      22nd Mar 2014
Try $B$2

news:(E-Mail Removed)...