how to copy end of slide animation to another slide?

=?Utf-8?B?Smh1blQ=?=

      19th Dec 2005
after all the animations in a slide, how do I copy the objects as it appears
after animation to a new slide?
the objects pasted on the new slide will look like after the end of a slide
which the objects came from. pardon me if I did not describe it correctly.

=?Utf-8?B?dG9obHo=?=

      19th Dec 2005
There's no direct way into doing this.
One possible way is to press Print Screen on your keyboard in the slide show.
Then, right click and select Paste, to paste it into the next slide.

If you are using motion path, you can download the Motion Path Tool add-in
which allows you to duplicate the motion path animation's end position:
http://skp.mvps.org/mptools.htm
--
Site Updated: December 04, 2005
http://www.pptheaven.xs3.com

"JhunT" wrote:

> after all the animations in a slide, how do I copy the objects as it appears
> after animation to a new slide?
> the objects pasted on the new slide will look like after the end of a slide
> which the objects came from. pardon me if I did not describe it correctly.

=?Utf-8?B?Smh1blQ=?=

      19th Dec 2005
Thanks! for the quick reply
I hope Microsoft will add this feature in the next versions of powerpoint.

I appreciate it.

-Jun

"tohlz" wrote:

> There's no direct way into doing this.
> One possible way is to press Print Screen on your keyboard in the slide show.
> Then, right click and select Paste, to paste it into the next slide.
>
> If you are using motion path, you can download the Motion Path Tool add-in
> which allows you to duplicate the motion path animation's end position:
> http://skp.mvps.org/mptools.htm
> --
> Site Updated: December 04, 2005
> http://www.pptheaven.xs3.com
> PowerPoint Heaven - The Power to Animate
> Contains tutorials on creating amazing animations for your PowerPoint
> Presentations.
> =========
>

> "JhunT" wrote:
>
> > after all the animations in a slide, how do I copy the objects as it appears
> > after animation to a new slide?
> > the objects pasted on the new slide will look like after the end of a slide
> > which the objects came from. pardon me if I did not describe it correctly.

=?Utf-8?B?bWlrZXNja2k=?=

      22nd May 2007
Hi there,
Can I add another request for this feature please ...
It seems such an obvious thing that I am surprised it is not yet available!
You do the animations and then want to start a new slide from the end of them.
Yes, you can continue with the same slide but it REALLY gets messy and that
makes future editing a much more difficult task.

Oh, plus being able to remove the "Lock to grid" as it is SO course it makes
alignment of animations a very hit & miss affair.

Regards
Mike

"JhunT" wrote:

> after all the animations in a slide, how do I copy the objects as it appears
> after animation to a new slide?
> the objects pasted on the new slide will look like after the end of a slide
> which the objects came from. pardon me if I did not describe it correctly.

Julie Terberg

      22nd May 2007
Hi Mike,

I agree with your suggestion for a feature that allows us to animate across
slides.

I have a couple of suggestions for aligning your animations. The first
method I use is to 2 guidelines that intersect at the center of the objects
you wish to align. This makes it easier to place objects in an exact
position from slide to slide. If you are using Motion Paths to move an
object, align the end point of the Motion Path to a guideline intersection,
and then on the next slide -- place a copy of your object at that same
intersection.

An alternative method is a free add-in by PPT MVP Shyam Pillai called Motion
Path Tools. http://skp.mvps.org/mptools.htm

The add-in allows you to create duplicate shapes at the position where the
path ends, as well as align and join motion paths.

Give these a try and let me know if this helps with your alignment problems.

Best wishes,

Julie Terberg
MS PowerPoint MVP
www.terbergdesign.com

"mikescki" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi there,
> Can I add another request for this feature please ...
> It seems such an obvious thing that I am surprised it is not yet
> available!
> You do the animations and then want to start a new slide from the end of
> them.
> Yes, you can continue with the same slide but it REALLY gets messy and
> that
> makes future editing a much more difficult task.
>
> Oh, plus being able to remove the "Lock to grid" as it is SO course it
> makes
> alignment of animations a very hit & miss affair.
>
> Regards
> Mike
>
> "JhunT" wrote:
>
>> after all the animations in a slide, how do I copy the objects as it
>> appears
>> after animation to a new slide?
>> the objects pasted on the new slide will look like after the end of a
>> slide
>> which the objects came from. pardon me if I did not describe it
>> correctly.

New Member

      30th Sep 2011
It's been awhile since this thread was started, but in case anyone still needs it, I have a work-around.

I had a slide with fairly complex motion paths (call it slide #1) and I wanted the next slide (slide #2) to start with my objects in their "final-positions" (after the movement). Here's what I did:

1) I made a duplicate of slide #1, then moved my objects to their final-positions. This becomes slide #2 (I also selected all the objects and changed the text color, to help keep track of what I was doing).

2) Next, I copied all of the objects from slide #2 and pasted them back into slide #1. This way I had one slide with objects in BOTH the starting and final positions.

3) Working from slide #1, I carefully made my motion paths go from one fixed point in starting-position to the same part of the object, but in the final-position. It took a bit of practice, but I was able to move an object from it's starting-position to it's final-position fairly easily. The way I could tell if it was working was if the two objects superimposed, after the motion.

4) Now I removed all of the "final-position" objects from slide #1 and left the "starting-position" objects in place (with their motion paths).

5) Finally, I went back to slide #2 and changed the colors back and set a slow fade transition (3 seconds) into that slide (in case any of the positions didn't EXACTLY match up, this masked the movement fairly well).

Now when I play the slides, slide #1 has all the motion and slide #2 has the objects in their final positions.

Hope this helps!