Copy background from master slide to another

LarryW

      26th Nov 2003
PowerPoint 2000

How can I copy the background picture from a presentation slide master to
another presentation file?

TAJ Simmons

      26th Nov 2003
LarryW

That depends where the background picture is.

Sometimes the background image is on the "slide master"

You can copy and paste it from the slide master

View
Master
Slide Master

Sometimes the picture is on the "background"

Which is
View
Master
Slide Master
Background
Fill Effects
Picture - Whew!

If it's there you can create a blank slide....then "file>save as> PNG" to
get the bitmap.

Cheers
TAJ Simmons
microsoft powerpoint mvp

awesome - powerpoint backgrounds,
free powerpoint templates, tutorials, hints and tips etc
http://www.powerpointbackgrounds.com

Sonia

      26th Nov 2003
Additionally, you can use the original presentation as a "template". Open
the presentation you are working on. Go to Format > Apply Design Template.
Change the "Files of Type" box to Presentations and Shows (*.ppt;*.pps ) and
browse to the presentation with the background that you want to apply. Note
that all other Master settings will be applied also - - default font, color
scheme, etc.
--
Sonia, MS PowerPoint MVP Team
Autorun CD software, templates, and tutorials

"LarryW" <ljw aat theoffice.net (spam proofing)> wrote in message
news:%23%23%(E-Mail Removed)...
> PowerPoint 2000
>
> How can I copy the background picture from a presentation slide master to
> another presentation file?

John Langhans [MSFT]

      27th Nov 2003
Hello Larry,

I find that the easiest way to copy the color scheme and background
formatting (Format -> Background) of a slide from one slide to another
(including slides in other presentations) is to use the Format Painter tool
in PowerPoint 2000.

1) Open both presentations
2) For both presentations, switch to Slide Sorter view
3) Window -> Arrange All (so that you can see slides from each presentation
side by side
4) Select slide in presentation which contains background you want to copy
and click on the Format Painter tool in the Standard toolbar.
5) Select the slide(s) in the other presentation to which you want to
"paint" the background formatting (and color scheme) and click on the
Format Painter tool again.

John Langhans
Microsoft Corporation
Supportability Program Manager
Microsoft Office PowerPoint for Windows
Microsoft Office Picture Manager for Windows

For FAQ's, highlights and top issues, visit the Microsoft PowerPoint
support center at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=ppt
Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base at:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=kbhowto

Use of any included script samples are subject to the terms specified at

Echo S

      27th Nov 2003
Oh, man, I *totally* forgot that could be done! Thanks for the reminder.

--
Echo [MS PPT MVP]
http://www.echosvoice.com