Cookies,Temp Internet Files & History Recreating In C:\Windows\Temp

The Bandit

      2nd Apr 2004
I have noticed that In Windows XP Pro.

I see Temperory Internet Files , Cookies & History In
C:\Documents & Settings\(User Name)\Local Settings & Also in
C:\Windows\Temp?

I checked in control panel under internet options & all & set for documents
& settings. Why is it recreating under windows\temp? I use Norton System
Works 2004 will hat cause it? i use the cleansweep & no options for setting
a directory. I can manually delete the recreated under windows but it
appears again after some time. I know the main one is used but i open them
ones under windows & nothing says content ie5 like it does under safe mode
when i see it in doc & settings. This is driving me nutz I have no adaware
or viruses as this is a new system with freash copy of win xp pro sp1 with
all the updates. Anyone know what causing this or is this normal???

Wesley Vogel

      2nd Apr 2004
I see 'em here:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
Files
C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
Files
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
Files
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
Files
C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
Files
C:\DOCUME~1\WESLEY~1.VOG\LOCALS~1\Temporary Internet Files

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Cookies
C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Cookies
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Cookies
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Cookies
C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Cookies
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Cookies

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\History
C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Local Settings\History
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\History
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\History
C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings\History
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\History

I have no idea why you're getting 'em in C:\Windows\Temp

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
The Bandit <no@buford> hunted and pecked:
> I have noticed that In Windows XP Pro.
>
> I see Temperory Internet Files , Cookies & History In
> C:\Documents & Settings\(User Name)\Local Settings & Also in
> C:\Windows\Temp?
>
> I checked in control panel under internet options & all & set for
> documents & settings. Why is it recreating under windows\temp? I use
> Norton System Works 2004 will hat cause it? i use the cleansweep & no
> options for setting a directory. I can manually delete the recreated
> under windows but it appears again after some time. I know the main
> one is used but i open them ones under windows & nothing says content
> ie5 like it does under safe mode when i see it in doc & settings.
> This is driving me nutz I have no adaware or viruses as this is a new
> system with freash copy of win xp pro sp1 with all the updates.
> Anyone know what causing this or is this normal???

Kenny M

      20th Apr 2004
Wesley,

What is the C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile tree used for ?

Would it cause problems if I deleted unwanted shortcuts from

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Favorites ?