cookie contanier does not correctly parse Set-Cookie header with domain token

dav

      12th Aug 2007
(sorry early post sent before finished...)

hi,

i am using HttpWebRequest with cookie container to perform web request.
HttpWebRequest req = (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(uri);

the cookies are parsed correcly for Set-Cookie header like this:
Set-Cookie: id=123123;
and it can be retrived with the lime:
m_cookies.GetCookieHeader(uri);

if the set cookie header includes a domain entry, like the following line:
Set-Cookie: id=123123; domain=www.domain.com; path=/

the cookie header is not parsed correctly (the domain is the same as the Uri
for the web request).
and the line:
m_cookies.GetCookieHeader(uri);

returns empty string.

please help this is urgent and if there is no mistake on my side, this is a
bug!

thanks.

UL-Tomten

      12th Aug 2007

On Aug 12, 10:13 am, "dav" <dave> wrote:

> (sorry early post sent before finished...)

No problem. It's easy to get carried away.

> if the set cookie header includes a domain entry, like the following line:
> Set-Cookie: id=123123; domain=www.domain.com;path=/
> the cookie header is not parsed correctly [...]

According to RFC 2109, the above cookie should be rejected, since it
doesn't start with a dot:

4.2.2 Set-cookie syntax

Domain=domain
Optional. The Domain attribute specifies the domain for which
the
cookie is valid. An explicitly specified domain must always
start
with a dot.

Could this be the problem?

varsha motwani

      15th Dec 2010
Hi,
I am also facing the same issue.
I dont think so its from the code.As the same code works fine on the other server (2008 R2 +iis7.5)
Any clue why this is happening