Converting video to movie files.

Frank Martin

      9th Apr 2009
I download a lot of video clips from the internet.

Most of these are the type of "video clip" and are of good
quality.

I want to convert these, without loss of quality, to the
type "movie clip", or to the type "Windows media type".

How can I do this to get a similar file size as the "video
clip" type?

Please help, Frank

John Inzer

      10th Apr 2009
Frank Martin wrote:
> I download a lot of video clips from the internet.
>
> Most of these are the type of "video clip" and are of good
> quality.
>
> I want to convert these, without loss of quality, to the
> type "movie clip", or to the type "Windows media type".
>
> How can I do this to get a similar file size as the "video
> clip" type?
>
> Please help, Frank

===========================
Three free options.....

Try Windows Media Encoder:

Windows Media Encoder
http://tinyurl.com/bbal
or...

How do I convert other video file formats to WMV?
http://tinyurl.com/2o8uso
or...
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...vice/0065.mspx

If that fails...try SUPER:

SUPER Simplified
Universal Player Encoder & Renderer
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/SUPER
(the mirror download site is faster)

Failed again?...
Try QuickMedia Converter:

Quick Media Converter
http://tinyurl.com/a35y6n
or...
http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/index....d=92&Itemid=72

Good luck...

--

John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

TompangBuddy.Com

      10th Apr 2009
Hello,

Just to add on, any conversion from one file format to another WILL result
in a loss of quality. Unless you convert it to a lossless format such as
AVI.

Formats like WMV are a lossy compression, they will not make a 1:1 copy of
your original video. To reduce this, convert with the highest bitrate
possible. This will result in a bigger file size and mobile devices have a
limit on how much bitrate they can take.

______________
http://www.tompangbuddy.com
Share Cab, Carpool and Save Earth in Singapore
Video Conversion Service VHS Video8 Hi8 miniDv Digital8 VHS-C S-VHS tapes to
VCD/DVD
"Frank Martin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I download a lot of video clips from the internet.
>
> Most of these are the type of "video clip" and are of good
> quality.
>
> I want to convert these, without loss of quality, to the
> type "movie clip", or to the type "Windows media type".
>
> How can I do this to get a similar file size as the "video
> clip" type?
>
> Please help, Frank

Frank Martin

      11th Apr 2009

"Frank Martin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I download a lot of video clips from the internet.
>
> Most of these are the type of "video clip" and are of good
> quality.
>
> I want to convert these, without loss of quality, to the
> type "movie clip", or to the type "Windows media type".
>
> How can I do this to get a similar file size as the "video
> clip" type?
>
> Please help, Frank

Thanks, I'll try these.

John Inzer

      11th Apr 2009
Frank Martin wrote:
> Thanks, I'll try these.

=====================
You're welcome.

Let us know the result.

--

John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

keaya

      11th Apr 2009

Try this E.M. Total Video Converter !
Many of my friends like using it . They say it is very helpful for
them .
It could convert video into all popular formats. such as wmv to mp4,
avi to mp4 and so on.
hope it will help you!
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&n...d+&btnG=Search

LQ

      11th Apr 2009
On 410, 6ʱ56, "Frank Martin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I download a lot ofvideoclips from the internet.
>
> Most of these are the type of "videoclip" and are of good
> quality.
>
> I want toconvertthese, without loss of quality, to the
> type "movie clip", or to the type "Windows media type".
>
> How can I do this to get a similar file size as the "video
> clip" type?
>
> Please help, Frank

Try:E.M. HD Video Converter
It is a wonderful video converter that lets you not only convert your
favorite videos to various HD (high definition) video formats like HD
WMV Video, HD DivX Video, HD Xvid Video, HD H.264 Video, HD Quick Time
Video, HD MPEG4 Video, HD FLV Video, HD TS Video, etc.

http://www.effectmatrix.com/hd-video...rter/index.htm

Frank Martin

      14th Apr 2009
The overall reason I want these conversions is because some
of the AVI files I download cause trouble with Windows
Explorer causing it to crash.

When I pass the file thru (for example) "AVS Video Converter
V5.6" and converting it to the same AVI format, this fixes
that problem.

My understanding of all these formats is quite minimal, but
by trial & error I convert an errant file to type
"H.264/AVC-1200kbps; audio: MP3 - 192kpbs" and this
results in a file about as large as the original.

(Windows XP)

"John Inzer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Frank Martin wrote:
>> Thanks, I'll try these.

> =====================
> You're welcome.
>
> Let us know the result.
>
> --
>

> John Inzer MS-MVP
> Digital Media Experience
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

John Inzer

      14th Apr 2009
Frank Martin wrote:
> The overall reason I want these conversions is because some
> of the AVI files I download cause trouble with Windows
> Explorer causing it to crash.
>
> When I pass the file thru (for example) "AVS Video Converter
> V5.6" and converting it to the same AVI format, this fixes
> that problem.
>
> My understanding of all these formats is quite minimal, but
> by trial & error I convert an errant file to type
> "H.264/AVC-1200kbps; audio: MP3 - 192kpbs" and this
> results in a file about as large as the original.
>

> (Windows XP)

========================
Ok...but file size 'in and of itself'
doesn't mean anything.