converting mov files to avi files and having windows movie maker c

mommyk

      26th Sep 2009
I am having difficulty converting mov files to avi files for windows
moviemaker to play. Is there anyone who can help??? I have tried all on line
converters, but none seem to want to wake up windows movie maker to make it
play.

John Inzer

      27th Sep 2009
mommyk wrote:
> I am having difficulty converting mov files to avi files for windows
> moviemaker to play. Is there anyone who can help??? I have tried all
> on line converters, but none seem to want to wake up windows movie
> maker to make it play.

Not sure what you mean about waking up Movie Maker.

Just open Movie Maker and go to...File / Import Into Collections...
and browse to your converted files.

Try the following free converters:

1) Pazera Free MOV to AVI Converter
http://www.pazera-software.com/produ...avi-converter/
(click the Blue download button not the Red one)

The name of the file you are downloading is:
"Pazera_Free_MOV_to_AVI_Converter.zip"

After downloading...unzip and open the program...
(no installation required)

2) Format Factory
http://www.pcfreetime.com/

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

abruton

      23rd Dec 2009
Hi All

PCFreeTime contains a potential security problem and should not be
downloaded. Luckly MS Security Essential picked it up.

Andre