Converting a date to a text field w/o converting it to a julian da

LynnMinn

      6th Mar 2008
In order to import data from an Excel spreadsheet into the software I operate
at work all cells need to be formated as text. I recieve numerous
spreadsheets with the date formated as a date XX/XX/XXXX and I need to
convert it to text XXXXXXXX. How can this be done without converting the
number to a julian date?

Fred Smith

      6th Mar 2008
Just use the Text function as is:

=text(a1,"yyyymmdd")

Regards,
Fred.

"LynnMinn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In order to import data from an Excel spreadsheet into the software I
> operate
> at work all cells need to be formated as text. I recieve numerous
> spreadsheets with the date formated as a date XX/XX/XXXX and I need to
> convert it to text XXXXXXXX. How can this be done without converting the
> number to a julian date?

Tyro

      6th Mar 2008
I'm confused. Are your dates Excel dates? Or are they text? And what would
converting Gregorian dates to Julian dates accomplish?

Tyro